FORUMS

Is the LG G4’s Camera Really DSLR-worthy?

After months of anticipation, the LG G4 was finally unveiled today, showing off an … more

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][I9295][AOSP/CM11/CM12][TW-4.4]KT-SGS4 port for Active Intl

15th April 2014, 04:21 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 1,130
 
Donate to Me
More
Credits go to @ktoonsez for his kernel sources and KT apps (KTweaker and KTmonitor)

Disclaimer: me no responsible if you use this!

So what is this? KT-SGS4 AOSP-4.4 S4 kernel ported to S4 Active (Intl). What has changed is of course jactive related stuff:
  • jactive board definitions and kernel config
  • camera sources and handler functions
  • some display settings
  • assorted stuff, can't really remember all the imporant bits

pre 1.0.0 AOSP4.4
Also, i tried to make a unified kernel, i.e. all differences between original and jactive are controlled with code ifdefs. But this haven't been tested as i don't have S4

So what works? So far i have found only one bug, when making or receiving calls i can't hear what the other side is saying and vice versa, i.e. no audio. Call sounds fixed.
Also overclocking the CPU seems to be broken, at least KTmonitor shows CPU to go only up to 1890 even though the clock is set over that value. So that's one thing to work on. I'll try to debug someday next week.

Compiled with linaro-4.7-12.10 toolchain.

This should work on CM11 and AOSP based roms. Personally i have it running on SlimKat (dualboot) and CM11. Just flash the CWM zip. It contains KTweaker and KTmonitor apps, courtesy of ktoonsez. Thanks mate.

Latest version 04.14.2014

Personal experiences:
  • benchmarks are slower than with CM11 kernel, dunno if it matters...
  • still it's smooth in everyday use
  • KTweaker has lots of stuff to tweak, only if i had time...

AOSP4.4/CM11
This one works with CM11 and AOSP v 1.0.0 and later. Don't use with earlier AOSP since this needs newer blobs.

KT-SGS4-KK4.4-AOSP-eur-02.11.2015
  • Built with Linaro 4.9 2014.09
  • Beta release

AOSP5.0/CM12
As there is no AOSP5.0 for jactive yet, just use CM12 .

KT-SGS4-LP5.0-AOSP-eur-02.15.2015:
  • fixed bootloop for now at least
  • supports ext4/f2fs partitions

KT-SGS4-LP5.0-AOSP-eur-02.11.2015
  • Built with Linaro 4.9 2014.09
  • Beta release

TouchWiz
This one works with KK TW roms (well i have tried only WizCyan...). Seems stable with default clocks and even with some OC. But every phone is different in regards OC, so YMMV. KTweaker and KTmonitor included. Do note that Display settings might not work as we don't have Amoled.

Changes ver 01.12.2015
  • Fixed unresponsive screen bug
  • Compiled with Linaro 4.9-2014.09

Changes ver 01.03.2015
  • overclocking works better now
  • increased touchscreen min limit freq, hopefully removes problem with unresponsiveness
  • built with Linaro 4.7.12.10

Changes ver 12.15.2014 (BETA)
  • first version of KT TW kernel for jactive
  • added KEXEC_HARDBOOT support, works with MultiROM

General notes
Do keep in mind that if you don't set oc settings in boot, you need to use KTweaker app and reset the cpu min and max sliders for the settings to take effect. Even though the app asks if you want to apply the settings, it doesn't update the actual min and max values.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FE&usp=sharing
Github here: https://github.com/spegelius/KT-SGS4
Last edited by spegelius; 15th February 2015 at 09:12 AM. Reason: New version (TW)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to spegelius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th April 2014, 01:57 PM |#2  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,899
 
Donate to Me
More
god !!!!!! .... spegelius did it again you beast ... keep up the good work
16th April 2014, 07:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 1,130
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi

god !!!!!! .... spegelius did it again you beast ... keep up the good work

Heh, thanks. Sadly there seems to be a bug with call audio, so for test use only at this point. I went through the kernel code and all i can think of to do is to try audio stuff from CM11 kernel, to see if that's the problem. Still, audio works perfectly everywhere else so really hard to say what's wrong...
16th April 2014, 07:07 PM |#4  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,899
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spegelius

Heh, thanks. Sadly there seems to be a bug with call audio, so for test use only at this point. I went through the kernel code and all i can think of to do is to try audio stuff from CM11 kernel, to see if that's the problem. Still, audio works perfectly everywhere else so really hard to say what's wrong...

Whats even harder is taking a logcat and ksmg while in a call
16th April 2014, 08:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 1,130
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi

Whats even harder is taking a logcat and ksmg while in a call

True, but luckily i have two phones and sims (other one is my work phone) so it's easier to debug.

Some progress: it turns out that for some reason es325 codec can't connect to slimbus sink and thus no audio. slimbus has some kt additions, need to debug more. Also i think it would be good to try to build the kernel with some other toolchain than linaro...
17th April 2014, 04:06 AM |#6  
mythi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,899
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spegelius

True, but luckily i have two phones and sims (other one is my work phone) so it's easier to debug.

Some progress: it turns out that for some reason es325 codec can't connect to slimbus sink and thus no audio. slimbus has some kt additions, need to debug more. Also i think it would be good to try to build the kernel with some other toolchain than linaro...

Hmmm... does it build modules with kernel ?? Ya changing the compiler to maybe the google ndk gcc may fix up some issues but I think u will have alot of pain in debugging files since not all elements that linaro supports are supported by other .... I maybe wrong but ...xxxx
17th April 2014, 04:58 AM |#7  
ktoonsez's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 42,552
 
Donate to Me
More
Good job man
17th April 2014, 05:47 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 1,130
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi

Hmmm... does it build modules with kernel ?? Ya changing the compiler to maybe the google ndk gcc may fix up some issues but I think u will have alot of pain in debugging files since not all elements that linaro supports are supported by other .... I maybe wrong but ...xxxx

Yes, modules are compiled and part of the cwm package. I haven't checked that all required modules are present, but i don't think that's the problem. Gonna be setting up a proper kernel dev env, found a good howto for Eclipse here: http://simonkagstrom.livejournal.com/33093.html. Regular editors just aren't cutting it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez

Good job man

Thanks . Luckily i had some experience with LeJay's cm10.2 kernel and cm11 kernel so i knew roughly what parts differ between jf an jactive. Just a matter of diffing those parts (meld is my tool of choice for that kind of work).
18th April 2014, 07:04 AM |#9  
lijoc's Avatar
Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 19
 
Donate to Me
More
This kernel s awesome. It's speeded up my phone. I want to use this regularly has anyone found a way for the phone call sound??


Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app
18th April 2014, 09:37 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 1,130
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijoc

This kernel s awesome. It's speeded up my phone. I want to use this regularly has anyone found a way for the phone call sound??


Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app

Not yet. Been debugging and the problem is somewhere in kernel's slimbus communication, it seems es325 codec cannot get audience firmware loaded properly or something...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes