5,599,977 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TF300 and ME301t compatibility

Tip us?
 
cahir_cz
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 172
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default [Q] TF300 and ME301t compatibility

Hi,
first id like to apologize for posting in here, but it seems sort of related to me.
Since me301t and tf300 (as far as i know) have the same guts, would it be possible to safely use rooting methods/roms from tf300 on me301? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cahir_cz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WyoSi
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahir_cz View Post
Hi,
first id like to apologize for posting in here, but it seems sort of related to me.
Since me301t and tf300 (as far as i know) have the same guts, would it be possible to safely use rooting methods/roms from tf300 on me301? Thanks
I've been wondering the same thing. I PM'd a dev from the TF300 root method to see if there is any chance of getting the ME301T rooted and unlocked. Here's hoping!
 
cloverkid
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 31
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSi View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. I PM'd a dev from the TF300 root method to see if there is any chance of getting the ME301T rooted and unlocked. Here's hoping!
I just received my tablet (me301t) today and I'm hoping there is some development/compatiability for this on too.

C_K
 
WyoSi
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 170
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Re: [Q] TF300 and ME301t compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverkid View Post
I just received my tablet (me301t) today and I'm hoping there is some development/compatiability for this on too.

C_K
I do too. I'd like at least root, though if we had an unlocked bootloader I wouldn't complain.

This far I haven't found anything though

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
 
tharonald1981
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 65
Join Date: Sep 2010
Info 2 Comparison

Maybe off-topic but what is the difference besides the ME301T is newer, lighter but thicker and does not have keyboard capability? I am really trying to choose! Hope someone can help me!
 
E15i
Old
#6  
E15i's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 396
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Netanya
Hey guys, I'm still searching for the original OTG adapter, does anyone mind ti sell his, to me?
" ... We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen ... "
Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) by SAMSUNG
Nexus 7 "nakasig" (GSM/HSPA+) by ASUS
 
AndroidSlave
Old
#7  
AndroidSlave's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4027
Posts: 5,050
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Van Nuys, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by E15i View Post
Hey guys, I'm still searching for the original OTG adapter, does anyone mind ti sell his, to me?
this bootloader MUST BE UNLOCKED.
WE NEED CWM or TWRP. Once that is enabled, CM10.1 will come, which we need badly
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidSlave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
E15i
Old
#8  
E15i's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 396
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Netanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by asf58967 View Post
this bootloader MUST BE UNLOCKED.
WE NEED CWM or TWRP. Once that is enabled, CM10.1 will come, which we need badly
Why did you quoted me?
" ... We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen ... "
Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) by SAMSUNG
Nexus 7 "nakasig" (GSM/HSPA+) by ASUS
 
IVIorph
Old
#9  
IVIorph's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 123
Posts: 229
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by asf58967 View Post
this bootloader MUST BE UNLOCKED.
WE NEED CWM or TWRP. Once that is enabled, CM10.1 will come, which we need badly
Is it possible to unlock our bootloader yet?

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by E15i View Post
Hey guys, I'm still searching for the original OTG adapter, does anyone mind ti sell his, to me?
I've seen you on other posts with the same question... here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=samsung+otg
DON'T FORGET to hit the THANKS button for EVERYONE who HELPED you

PHONE: Samsung Galaxy SIIX SGH-T989D
ROM: Jedi Mind Trick JB V4 or Awesome Audio 2.1 or Northern Touch
KERNEL: Infamous Arc V1.2 or Cl3Kener's Uber Kernel 2.1
RECOVERY: TWRP-2.5.0.0
RADIO: T989DTLMC4 or T989UVMC6

TABLET: ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10.1 (ME301T)
ROM: Stock 4.2.1 (Rooted) (Not supported by XDA Devs yet )
 
AndroidSlave
Old
#10  
AndroidSlave's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4027
Posts: 5,050
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Van Nuys, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIorph View Post
Is it possible to unlock our bootloader yet?[COLOR="Silver"]
YES! IT IS ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE. We just need someone who is kind enough to do it for us, and unject TWRP or CWM like on the transformer series

Tags
me301 tf300 compatibility
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes