Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root lost after flashing OmniRom

Tip us?

Rmbloungeact
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root lost after flashing OmniRom

Flashed OmniRom 4.4.2 and it works great! Only problem is I have no root access!? SuperSU is installed as a system app but none of my root apps will work and Binary updates fail whether it is the Normal install or TWRP/CWM option. If I choose the latter it just closes the window and does not reboot, and if I use manual RCK after choosing it there is nothing that it does. I don't see anything on how to get root back and I don't want to have to reflash everything all over again

CaliTexan5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmbloungeact View Post
Flashed OmniRom 4.4.2 and it works great! Only problem is I have no root access!? SuperSU is installed as a system app but none of my root apps will work and Binary updates fail whether it is the Normal install or TWRP/CWM option. If I choose the latter it just closes the window and does not reboot, and if I use manual RCK after choosing it there is nothing that it does. I don't see anything on how to get root back and I don't want to have to reflash everything all over again
I had the same problem with the 4.3 version of OmniRom. Posted on the dev's forum for the Rom and after about 2 weeks, I still haven't heard anything about a possible fix. Tried to go back to stock and start all over but bricked the whole thing. Thank God for having done Wheelie/NVFlash or this tablet would again be lost until I'm able to buy a new motherboard. As for now for you, until the dev answers either of us, your only option (to have root access and the apps that you use with it) would be to flash a diffferent ROM. Wish I had a better answer for you. I do have one question for you though. What was your opinion of the Google Now Launcher in 4.4 in regards to the 10" tablet screen? I had the 4.4 OmniRom installed on my TF300T very soon after the Rom arrived and frankly, the size of the icons and all was a bit too large for my tastes. Until/unless Google adds a few more functionality options like my favorite launcher Nova (like being able to change the grid size for the desktop), I'm staying away from 4.4 on my TF300T (didn't really see much difference speed-wise and ART actually slowed my tab down so much that I flashed back to 4.3).

f69m
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Did you download the SuperSU ZIP from the website and flash it using recovery?

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

AlfasPeralassery
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmbloungeact View Post
Just check my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682115 and download superuser zip file from the first post . Just flash it and regain the root access .

Cheers ,hope I helped . Don't forgot to click :thumbup: button .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hitting Thanks button is much easier than typing Thanks .

Device 1 : Samsung Galaxy S Duos Gt-s7562
Android ver. 4.0.4 & 4.4.2
Rom : KyleOpen & CM11
Device 2 : iKon ik-A800 (TAB)
Rom : Stock .
Android ver. 4.1.1
SystemUI (s7562) :CriTix v2.0.0

Download
MightyBoy
rom for GT-S7562
The Following User Says Thank You to AlfasPeralassery For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]