Remote wipe device possible?

OP skyedream

30th January 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

138 posts
I know iphone can remotely wipe the device through icloud. I found out google app device policy can wipe the device remotely if the device is stolen or lost.. But that app is for business, education or government only. Is there something similar apps for personal use?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

190 posts
More
You should be able to do it with lookout. I actually use where's my droid you can use it to lock your screen you can use it to wipe the phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to keithrich1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 128

439 posts
Android device manager can remotely wipe. Its settings are already present in Google Settings which is in your app drawer, and you can access it through the play store. They also just released a standalone app for it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.apps.adm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apacseven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 129

661 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyedream

I know iphone can remotely wipe the device through icloud. I found out google app device policy can wipe the device remotely if the device is stolen or lost.. But that app is for business, education or government only. Is there something similar apps for personal use?

Cerberus app is also very good. Not only can you do remote wipe, but you can set it so that if your device is lost or stolen, any number of actions will trigger it to send you information (SIM card info, pictures on incorrect pin, etc.)

My friend's phone was stolen a week or so after I had installed Cerberus, and just like it promised, It sent me the info of the SIM that was inserted and I was able to take pictures and record audio and video of the perp.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag cHARMcity,MD
Thanks Meter: 2,950

3,941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacseven

Android device manager can remotely wipe. Its settings are already present in Google Settings which is in your app drawer, and you can access it through the play store. They also just released a standalone app for it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.apps.adm

**this**

1st February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

138 posts
Sweet thanks guys

2nd February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 80

990 posts
Donate to Me
More
I use seekdroid
23rd February 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #8  
MI
Thanks Meter: 14

460 posts
More
Question Avast - Can it be installed with Lookout on the Phone, too?
I've used and still use AVAST on my Tablets, Cell Phones and PC. I just upgraded from a Note 2 to a Note 3. As soon as I dropped my wife's SIM card into my Note 2, I got notified that my NOTE 2 was STOLEN. AVAST tracked and notified me of the location of the Note 2. So, AVAST would have allowed me to do almost anything with the NOTE 2.
On my NOTE 3, OS is stock, 4.3, not Rooted yet, is LOOKOUT. I cannot delete LOOKOUT because it is firmware (part of OS 4.3.) I don't want to ROOT until 4.4 KK comes out so I can get OTA update.
I would like to continue with AVAST and install that. However, in the past with other IT gear, there would be a conflict as two Anti-Virus, etc. were installed.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread