Post Reply

Question Notification Bar/Sound not shown for Gmail

OP asctony

23rd February 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
MI
Thanks Meter: 14
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
I just installed all my apks from my Note 2 to my Note 3. On my Note 2 I would get and still get notification of new emails in Gmail. However, in my Note 3, I do not get any notifications in the Notification Bar or get any sound notification when I get new Gmail. My Notifications do work for Facebook and Ebay, etc.
I have check all I know of, but to no avail.
Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks in advance
23rd February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 946
 
3,186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asctony

I just installed all my apks from my Note 2 to my Note 3. On my Note 2 I would get and still get notification of new emails in Gmail. However, in my Note 3, I do not get any notifications in the Notification Bar or get any sound notification when I get new Gmail. My Notifications do work for Facebook and Ebay, etc.
I have check all I know of, but to no avail.
Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks in advance

You might have to wipe and start fresh. Really can't restore app or data from another device. Sometimes it gets wonky. Need to start fresh



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3
23rd February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
MI
Thanks Meter: 14
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

You might have to wipe and start fresh. Really can't restore app or data from another device. Sometimes it gets wonky. Need to start fresh



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3

Yes, you are correct! I did start fresh. On the Note 3 I did a Factory Reset. Then I Installed each APK separately, one at a time. I did not do a restore. Thanks for your suggestion. Still looking for an answer on how to correct this.
23rd February 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #4  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 946
 
3,186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asctony

Yes, you are correct! I did start fresh. On the Note 3 I did a Factory Reset. Then I Installed each APK separately, one at a time. I did not do a restore. Thanks for your suggestion. Still looking for an answer on how to correct this.

OK go to app manager. Find gmail apk.make sure notification is checked

Also in the app select menu then ur acct and check ur settings.



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3
Last edited by BACARDILIMON; 23rd February 2014 at 03:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BACARDILIMON For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
MI
Thanks Meter: 14
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Thumbs up Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

OK go to app manager. Find gmail apk.make sure notification is checked

Also in the app select menu then ur acct and check ur settings.



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3

I went into Gmail, Settings, my gmail account and saw where NOTIFICATIONS was not checked. Did check NOTIFICATIONS and now working.
Thanks again.
Never had to drill down that deep. LOL
23rd February 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 946
 
3,186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asctony

I went into Gmail, Settings, my gmail account and saw where NOTIFICATIONS was not checked. Did check NOTIFICATIONS and now working.
Thanks again.
Never had to drill down that deep. LOL

Glad I could help. This device is wacky at times



TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes