How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Need help rooting please

OP NiMaD83

23rd February 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
Can i even root with this

Kernel
3.4.0-2015522

Build
JSS15J.M919UVUEMK2

I have rooted all but one of my previous droids just fine but i see some outdated stuff floating around.

Can i root with with this phone at all? I dont want a custom rom right now just a root and backup so open my phone up.
23rd February 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 546

1,553 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMaD83

Kernel
3.4.0-2015522

Build
JSS15J.M919UVUEMK2

I have rooted all but one of my previous droids just fine but i see some outdated stuff floating around.

Can i root with with this phone at all? I dont want a custom rom right now just a root and backup so open my phone up.

If, while in the Original Android Development section (where this thread was originally posted) you would have simply looked at the titles of the what... 30 threads here, you would have seen "[SGH-M919] CF-Auto-Root [ 1 2 3 ... Last ]" and been like "Because this thread has 'root' in the title, perhaps it pertains to rooting the SGH-M919."

To answer the question, yes, you can root your phone. Check that thread I so sarcastically mentioned.
23rd February 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

65 posts
"outdated stuff floating around"

pertains to the thread mentioned. That is almost a dead thread for the past 2 months so why would i post in there?
23rd February 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 890

3,072 posts
More
Here's the xda video on how to root: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 28

116 posts
Quote:

Kernel
3.4.0-2015522

Build
JSS15J.M919UVUEMK2

You can. I have a Galaxy S4 that is running the same build and kernel version as yours. I rooted with CF-Auto-Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005. Be warned, though! Rooting via CF-Auto-Root will trip the Knox Warranty Void counter. As of now, the counter cannot be reset. If you want to keep warranty, then root using SafeRoot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758. I have used both methods before and they work just fine.
23rd February 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 546

1,553 posts
More
Quote:

"outdated stuff floating around"

pertains to the thread mentioned. That is almost a dead thread for the past 2 months so why would i post in there?

CF-Auto Root works on MK2, tell me again how it's out-dated?
25th February 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

CF-Auto Root works on MK2, tell me again how it's out-dated?

Like i said the THREAD is 2 months past any real help aka DEAD

So i rooted with this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
Had issues with everything crashing, things not opening, things shutting down, very very slow/laggy touch to action response
so i unrooted post 2 form that very thread

I didnt wanna use the auto-root to void any warranty So is there another way to root that wont break warranty its a tmobile used phone so its not like i can jump the phone to upgrade either?
Its not like im gonna install a custom rom so want a rooted phone with no issues
Last edited by NiMaD83; 25th February 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread