Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS not sending, but able to receive. MMS + Data Working.

Tip us?

AnTiDoWn3r
Old
(Last edited by AnTiDoWn3r; 23rd February 2014 at 09:37 PM.) Reason: Typo
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default SMS not sending, but able to receive. MMS + Data Working.

Hello Internet, I just thought I'd chime in on the sms issue many seem to be having.

For me it started in the morning on the 21st. The day before everything was peachy. That morning I woke up and sent my normal texts that I usually do. The first text sent fine like usual, but anything after would fail to send. One quick-fix I found was to toggle airplane mode before sending a message, which would allow me to send another text or two before failing. The most interesting thing about this issue is that my brother, who is on cm 10.2 started having the issue at the exact same time and we aren't even running the same versions of android.

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SMSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

tonybahr
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTiDoWn3r View Post
Hello Internet, I just thought I'd chime in on the sms issue many seem to be having.

For me it started in the morning on the 21st. The day before everything was peachy. That morning I woke up and sent my normal texts that I usually do. The first text sent fine like usual, but anything after would fail to send. One quick-fix I found was to toggle airplane mode before sending a message, which would allow me to send another text or two before failing. The most interesting thing about this issue is that my brother, who is on cm 10.2 started having the issue at the exact same time and we aren't even running the same versions of android.

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SCSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.
Not sure if I'm doing this right usually I use the app but since I can only text on touch wiz based Roms xda app keeps crashing. Anyway I have this issue too mine seems to have started on 2-20 but same thing reboot or toggle airplane mode and I can send one that's it till next reboot. Was running carbon kit Kat. Hopefully Odin tomorrow will fix it touch wiz sucks!

Dex954
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybahr View Post
Not sure if I'm doing this right usually I use the app but since I can only text on touch wiz based Roms xda app keeps crashing. Anyway I have this issue too mine seems to have started on 2-20 but same thing reboot or toggle airplane mode and I can send one that's it till next reboot. Was running carbon kit Kat. Hopefully Odin tomorrow will fix it touch wiz sucks!
Odin does not fix...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tonybahr
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex954 View Post
Odin does not fix...

Yeah I figured that out.

mamill66
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Having the same problem....just wondering if anyone tried unrooting and rerooting?

Dex954
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamill66 View Post
Having the same problem....just wondering if anyone tried unrooting and rerooting?
Yes doesn't fix anything.

Dex954
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Just kinda bumping to see if anyone found anything?

AnTiDoWn3r
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I talked to Verizon again yesterday night, my support ticket is still open, meaning they're looking into the possibility of it being an issue on their end, so nothing new. I'm convinced it's something with them, because of the timing. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Dex954
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
I talked to Verizon again yesterday night, my support ticket is still open, meaning they're looking into the possibility of it being an issue on their end, so nothing new. I'm convinced it's something with them, because of the timing. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Do they know you are running a form of CM? Or are you just saying your texts aren't working?

Just for my own info?

Whisk_33
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:

So I called verizon today and after about a half our I was able to get some information. I told the guy that I had tried rebooting, clearing cache, factory reseting, updating my SMSC number, etc. He said it's probably an issue in their end, which makes sense due to the timing of the issue occurring. He said he would do some behind the scenes stuff and call me back on Monday. I guess we'll see if the issue gets resolved. Keep me posted if you find a solution.
I'm having the same issue that you are. I've already posted a thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2657822
Are you on a version of CM? I was on mastamoon's 10.2 and moved to his CM11 and still have the problem. The only other fix I have heard/seen is that you can turn your mobile network to just CDMA and the problem goes away. (Its slow, but it works).

You are from Hershey Pa. I am in the Wilkes/Barre Scranton area. Anyone else experiencing this problem and in this area?

Do you have voice+ or google voice in your app drawer? I've seen some people who have had it in their app drawer who have been able to open that and select disable which remedies the problem. Hopefully Verizon gets back to you.