Htc one - usb not recognized

Search This thread

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
the phone was working perfectly a while back, havent used it since i got a new phone, but i tried transferring songs and i get USB device not recognized.

i have tried installing htc sync, htc drivers, but the problem still persists

USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

i have uninstalled the driver in DEVICE MANAGER, but still no fix

i cant run a RUU or copy other roms, because USB wont mount

i flashed another nandroid on my device, but the problem still persiists

any ideas? everything works except USB MOUNTING

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
usb mounting = dead? tried everything, from pdanet, to uninstalling, to switching nandroids, nothing fixes it

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
usb mounting = dead? tried everything, from pdanet, to uninstalling, to switching nandroids, nothing fixes it

Is your phone seen in Device Manager? Like this:
312v6me.jpg

Reactions: For_itembine

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
plugged it in, driver installed :p

so weird, hours upon hours, a few days trying to fix, and wam, driver installed

wtf

thanks for your help anyways

Last edited:

tudorlv

Apr 27, 2009
I also have the same problem, tries everithing (windows 7) different cables, but I can't flash other recovery as I booted in bootloader/ fastboot it says "fasboot AC"

Reactions: For_itembine

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
make sure the port is not dirty on your phone with debris !!

now its back to usb not recognized, the usb must be stuffed i guess, all my phones work no problem

dammit, i thought running a RUU might help, but i cant get it connected

i mean the phone works, just doesnt want to mount usb storage

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
Solution fixed

FIXED IT, as i said the usb randomly would work sometimes for a brief period and stop again, in the brief period (dat short time span) i managed to get into fastboot (normally it would say AC) but it said USB, amazing luck, i managed to flash HTC STOCK RECOVERY

than i downloaded the 4.3 update within the phone, updated my phone, and now it WORKS

1336214742232.jpg

:D :D :D

something must have been corrupted in my system

tudorlv

Apr 27, 2009
FIXED IT, as i said the usb randomly would work sometimes for a brief period and stop again, in the brief period (dat short time span) i managed to get into fastboot (normally it would say AC) but it said USB, amazing luck, i managed to flash HTC STOCK RECOVERY

than i downloaded the 4.3 update within the phone, updated my phone, and now it WORKS

1336214742232.jpg

:D :D :D

something must have been corrupted in my system

Lucky b****d !
I can't do that, but trough airdroid (wifi) I can manage to copy things on my phone. The problem is that if this method doesn't work for me I will be unable to get it back as it is now, and besides USB everything works perfectly
I think the recovery can be flashed trough terminal emulator without PC, but then how to install the rom?

edit: solved
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50379619

Last edited:

amedinaj

Jun 11, 2015
different usb cables

Mine is not even recognized in the device Manager. i tried using different usb cables, clean the ports, nothing happens. I also tried updating the OS to Lollipop but still USB is not recognized by the computer. Any other options?

rana.umar733

Mar 21, 2016
usb not recognized

Turn off the phone and thoroughly clean the port on it. I've seen it happen quite a lot, fluff just gets compacted and stuck and breaks contact with enough pins to cause this.

Top Liked Posts