[TUT] [100% WORKING] Install leaked WP 8.1 SDK on your PC!
EDIT: Windows Phone 8.1 is released! You can now download the official SDK from here
the installation of the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK leak was discussed here very much, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
So I written a tutorial how to install it!
1) Download the SDK ISO from here ALL OTHER LINKS WILL NOT WORK!
1b) Download Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows in English from here
2) Extract the VS 2013 ISO and install it.
3) Extract the leak ISO and run the installer as administrator.
4) The installation should take an half hour. You can drink one or two coffee
5) Start cmd as administrator and run "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\8.1"
6) Enter "XDE.exe -vhd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Emulation\Images\Flash.vhd"". First boot will take 5-10 minutes.
7) THE EMULATOR IS WORKING!
You can also create an shortcut on desktop that saves you time. Location is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\8.1\XDE.exe" -vhd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Emulation\Images\Flash.vhd"".
How to install it on windows 7?
You need to install SP1, then it should work.
After clicking the VS link, a logon field appears, what should I do?
Just login with your outlook account and click download
Can I run it on 32-bit?
Yes, you can. You need to install VirtualBox or VMware. Create a new virtual machine and select the Flash.vhd in the SDK location. To get it to work, you must run it as administrator.
What are the minimal requirements for it?
It works on any computer with 64-bit W7 or W8(.1) For 32-bit look above.
If this guide helped you please press thanks!
Thanks @DaviUnic for a easier way to start the emulator!
Yes, I'm seeing my tutorial was landed in the news! Thanks at all what thanked me and followed this tutorial!
Primary: Samsung ATIV S | WP 8.1 | currently stock
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?