XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G pro screen cracked need HELP

Tip us?

Ahad Ejaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default G pro screen cracked need HELP

My g pro fell and the glass cracked and I don't know what to do. The screen is working perfectly though so that means only the glass needs to be replaced I wanted to ask someone if the glass available on eBay or amazon or etradesupply are reliable or not . I have to get it from an online shop because this phone is uncommon in our country. If someone can help me it would be much appreciated

Sent from my LG-F240 using xda app-developers app

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If the phone is still working then the damage isn't bad. You just have to replace the glass. Also known as the digitizer. I have made many purchases from Ebay and Amazon. And while some of the things I got didn't meet my expectations, most was fine. I would recommend you read, read, read reviews BEFORE you make a purchase. Companies can make all the wild claims about their products they want. I rely on what the people say about the product before I buy anything. Just be sure to get the digitizer for your make and model and if replacing it yourself is out of your league, bring it to a repair shop to have it done.
The Following User Says Thank You to cougar214 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Deleted

*SHAYNEZ*KCCO*E980*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Ahad Ejaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Will this one do even though it doesn't say it has a digitizer
http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-optim...ens-white.html

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yes. That will work but why not spend the few extra bucks and get the whole digitizer? It's more work to replace the whole thing but it's worth it in the end just in case taking that digitizer cable off doesn't go so well.
The Following User Says Thank You to cougar214 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

esimon311
Old
(Last edited by esimon311; 21st March 2014 at 03:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar214 View Post
Yes. That will work but why not spend the few extra bucks and get the whole digitizer? It's more work to replace the whole thing but it's worth it in the end just in case taking that digitizer cable off doesn't go so well.
Correct. Just buy the screen with the cable already on it.

Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement For LG Optimus G Pro E980 E985 F240 +Tools by Replacement For LG Optimus G Pro E980 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F61JLF8/..._2Celtb16J8V29

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Those micro ribbon cables are very delicate. One false move and you can tear them. Even a repair place will replace the whole digitizer and not just the glass for that very reason. Spend the extra money for the whole digitizer.

Ahad Ejaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Alright thanks a lot guys you have given me enough information about the screen that I should buy and the risks I'll get the screen and most likely I'll get it replaced in a shop

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Glad we could help and good luck.

Macianer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Tell us if you were successful please

Gesendet von meinem LG-E986 mit Tapatalk