Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Received call screen different??

Tip us?

0verwatered
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Received call screen different??

When I get incoming calls I get 2 different screens at different times to answer. Sometimes it's the regular Android screen with the 2 bubbles you swipe to answer and others its square buttons you press to answer the calls. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

Also I wanted to ask will I be able to update to kit Kat while using straight talk service?

blitzkriegger
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verwatered View Post
When I get incoming calls I get 2 different screens at different times to answer. Sometimes it's the regular Android screen with the 2 bubbles you swipe to answer and others its square buttons you press to answer the calls. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

Also I wanted to ask will I be able to update to kit Kat while using straight talk service?
I believe the bubble buttons appear when there's an incoming call and the phone is locked, while the square buttons when the phone is on the home screen. Not quite sure about straight talk though.
The Following User Says Thank You to blitzkriegger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Updates are sent out by Google to the phone's manufacturer, in this case LG. Then they are sent up the ladder to your phone's branded service provider, again in this case AT&T. Lg will add their changes to the OS and so will AT&T when they get it. In the case of you having service with Straight Talk, it doesn't matter because ST still uses AT&T towers and service. So when AT&T pushes out the update for this phone, you will get it also because technically speaking, you are still on AT&T's network.

For the two different screens, Blitz is correct. There are two call screens. One when the phone is locked and one when its not (home screen). Hope that explains it for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to cougar214 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0verwatered
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks to both of you for the help. I was curious about why it was different at different times. Love the phone bought it for $30 with a cracked digitizer and home button not working and fixed it for $30 and I think I like it better then the Samsung phone I just lost.

manav_patial
Old
Thanks Meter 5
When ur screen is off and u receive an incoming call, u'll get bubble type option to answer or reject the call (swipe left or right). If your screen is active and there is an incoming call then u will get the option to simply press the green button to accept or red to reject..no swipe option if screen is active..

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app