Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[app] Car dashdroid a new Car dashboard

Tip us?

zen kun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325

DONATE TO ME
Default [app] Car dashdroid a new Car dashboard

Hi all let me introduce car dashdroid its a new app (still in development) where you can have a samrt dialer, speedometer,weather, customs shortcuts for apps, and easy way to search contacts all in one app in an elegant way. i wish people can give me any feedback or new feature request. i tried do "debug" as much as i can but you can always find a bug, so please let me know before leave a bad rating.

if you can help me with the transaltions will be awesome , the app starts when you dock into a car mount (only in some models of mounts like the Htc one x).
Features:

Enable Bluetooth, GPS when start
Weather
Speedometer (you can turn it off)
Expandable notification with actions (jb+)
contacs
smart dialer,
search for contacts
up to 16 shortcuts for any app or shortcut (long press to add shortcuts)
2 shortcuts in main screen for Navigation and Music app (long press to add new one)
Holo theme
Bar notification like in bottom fo main screen.
and more.

here are some SS:

you can download from play store HERE
if you like my work please leave a good review on play store thanks a lot!!
Check Out this apps
Car Dashdroid, A car dashboard rate if you like
SMS enhancer, check out the XDA thread

fix google security flag with my app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...creenprotector
Best Car dashboard app on play store
Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g
NeXuS OnE (Retired)
My First Android:Nexus One: 05/06/2010
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paddi01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nice App! I have just the problem that i just see the contacst without whatsapp information...

zen kun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi01 View Post
Nice App! I have just the problem that i just see the contacst without whatsapp information...
what do you mean with whatsapp info? in the contact when you tap on picture contact?
well if its that you can "swype" to left or foght in other icons and there its whats app, let me know, if you can add scfreenshot would be awesome
Check Out this apps

Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g
NeXuS OnE (Retired)

Paddi01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.

zen kun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddi01 View Post
No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.
Oh, let me see i suppose im queryng the database but i guess shows only with google? mmm let me see if this happens :/
thanks!!
Check Out this apps

Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g
NeXuS OnE (Retired)
The Following User Says Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acousticbeatz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!

Dbrown53
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Car Dashdroid

Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!

zen kun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticbeatz View Post
Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!
i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown53 View Post
Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!
yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts
Check Out this apps

Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g
NeXuS OnE (Retired)
The Following User Says Thank You to zen kun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dbrown53
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dbrown53 reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kun View Post
i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts
Zen,
I need landscape rotated 180deg. I use landscape flipped for the power cord on a razr. Thanks I can't wait for the update. Keep up the good work!

zen kun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown53 View Post
Zen,
I need landscape rotated 180deg. I use landscape flipped for the power cord on a razr. Thanks I can't wait for the update. Keep up the good work!
wow not sure if this is possible since android manage this =X so you need maybe cyanogenmod or a mod i cant dev for 180 degrees i only have portrait or landscape
Check Out this apps

Car Dashdroid

Nexus 4
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Pro
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Atrix 4g