Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 3 Software - Tips & Tricks, Hidden Features & Everything Else

Tip us?

ashwin123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Default Galaxy Note 3 Software - Tips & Tricks, Hidden Features & Everything Else

Hi Guys,

I shot a 2 part video explaining all (atleast most) of the Galaxy Note 3's software features.

PART 1

PART 2

Hoping this is useful to new comers and existing users alike.

Ash
If you have the time, do check out my YouTube channel C4ETech - Thanks
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ashwin123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barnabydog
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Very informative and to the point. I'd only suggest turning the phone so it's not so sideways to the viewer, but I learned a lot from those clips.

ashwin123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabydog View Post
Very informative and to the point. I'd only suggest turning the phone so it's not so sideways to the viewer, but I learned a lot from those clips.
Noted... I was thinking showing it sideways would stop my hand from obstructing the screen... is is uncomfortable throughout or did i just overdo it at certain parts?

Ash

barnabydog
Old
Thanks Meter 270
I don't think you overdid it at all. And you're right, your hand never obscured what you were showing.

ashwin123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
I don't think you overdid it at all. And you're right, your hand never obscured what you were showing.
So do you think I should continue with this angle in future videos, any feedback would be appreciated buddy, I just want to keep improving... sorry for too many questions

Ash

barnabydog
Old
Thanks Meter 270
No sweat. You give more than you ask for!

I think the phone could be aligned more straight to the viewer and still show what you're doing on it, but I could be wrong. I do know that some hands-on videos I've seen hid most of what you were supposed to learn because the reviewer had such fat fingers.

ashwin123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
No sweat. You give more than you ask for!

I think the phone could be aligned more straight to the viewer and still show what you're doing on it, but I could be wrong. I do know that some hands-on videos I've seen hid most of what you were supposed to learn because the reviewer had such fat fingers.
Thanks man I think I got a little too obsessed with aligning the phone diagonally so that I can zoom in the max... will keep it a little straighter in future videos... sometimes when you get in too deep you cant see the bigger picture and end up over analyzing and missing common stuff out... I really appreciate the feedback... Will work it into future videos

Ash

barnabydog
Old
Thanks Meter 270
I appreciate your work and look forward to more. I've always kept Google services at a distance, but I broke down and "liked" your clips and subscribed to your channel. Congratulations on being so worthy!

ashwin123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
I appreciate your work and look forward to more. I've always kept Google services at a distance, but I broke down and "liked" your clips and subscribed to your channel. Congratulations on being so worthy!
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin123 View Post
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it
Videos are excellent, a little long combining them both, but still excellent. I didn't mind the angle so much, everything was clear and focused.

I may have missed it, but when I went into AT&T they had a white note 3 on display, the dialer on that phone was white with white buttons, your video seems to show dark with dark buttons? Is that an option or am I crazy?

Tags
galaxy note 3, hidden, review, software, tricks