Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Edit the systemUI.apk

Tip us?

Evaelis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Edit the systemUI.apk

Hi, first i wanna apologize for my english.
So i rooted my phone with odin (...) and now i want to modify the systemUI package to edit /layout/status_bar.xml.
I'm using an i9506 and when i try to decompile the package with ApkTool / APKTool Multi, it throws errors and i got an incomplete folder (And i can't compile it).
Has anyone a good tutorial for me, or the same problem ? A solution to the issue ?

Edit : Got a complete folder but i can't recompile it here's the error thrown :

C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool a
nd baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder>apktool b SystemUI-old
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool a
nd baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res\layout\system_b
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches
the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarNotificationText').
nd baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res\layout\system_b
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches
ar_settings_view.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsRow').
ar_settings_view.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsIcon').
ar_settings_view.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsContents').
ar_settings_view.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
name (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsPanelSeparator').
ar_settings_view.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
name (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsRow').
ar_settings_view.xml:12: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
name (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsIcon').
ar_settings_view.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
name (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsContents').
ar_settings_view.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:29: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:32: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:33: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:34: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.Androl
ibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-
sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, C:\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Tem
p\APKTOOL5990236035611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framewor
k\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_
JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -
M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktoo
l and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.
xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:358)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.jav a:283)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not
exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, C:
\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5990236035 611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C
:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau doss
ier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7
\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[W
indow XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folde
r\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.jav
a:357)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:336)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sd
k-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, C:\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Temp\
APKTOOL5990236035611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\
1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB
] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -M,
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool
and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.xm
l]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
a:355)
... 6 more

danyznd123
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaelis View Post
Hi, first i wanna apologize for my english.
So i rooted my phone with odin (...) and now i want to modify the systemUI package to edit /layout/status_bar.xml.
I'm using an i9506 and when i try to decompile the package with ApkTool / APKTool Multi, it throws errors and i got an incomplete folder (And i can't compile it).
Has anyone a good tutorial for me, or the same problem ? A solution to the issue ?

Edit : Got a complete folder but i can't recompile it here's the error thrown :

nd baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder>apktool b SystemUI-old
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches
ar_notification_panel_title.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches
ar_settings_view.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsRow').
ar_settings_view.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsIcon').
ar_settings_view.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given n
ame (at 'style' with value '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsContents').
ar_settings_view.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:12: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:29: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:32: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:33: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:34: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
ar_settings_view.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.Androl
ibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-
sdk-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, C:\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Tem
p\APKTOOL5990236035611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framewor
k\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_
JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -
M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktoo
l and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.
xml]
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not
\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5990236035 611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C
:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau doss
ier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7
\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[W
indow XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folde
r\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.xml]
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sd
k-version, 18, --target-sdk-version, 18, -F, C:\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Temp\
APKTOOL5990236035611024305.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\
1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB
] Apktool and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\res, -M,
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (2)\[Window XP_7_8][GB_ICS_JB] Apktool
and baksmaling + Signer v2 by ibanez7\New Folder\SystemUI-old\AndroidManifest.xm
l]
... 6 more

The best way to theme the status bar is flashing a custom rom with a changble status bar and no need to know all of this things

Current Device:Rooted Galaxy S IV mini GT-I9190 with official Android 4.2.2:
MY WORK GOR GALAXY ACE + :
(DELETED)Jelly PLUS ROM HERE
ROOT BY ME HERE
FIX BOOTLOOP HERE

[BEGINNERS]HOW TO CONTACT A MODERATOR :Click Here
Just Hit Thanks!!

Evaelis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyznd123 View Post
The best way to theme the status bar is flashing a custom rom with a changble status bar and no need to know all of this things
Was look for CM but i dunno if it work on i9506 for now.

_neutron_
Old
Thanks Meter 27
You haven't installed frameworks

Evaelis
Old
(Last edited by Evaelis; 23rd February 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _neutron_ View Post
You haven't installed frameworks
Quote:
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a>apktool if framework-res.apk
I: Framework installed to: C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\1.apk

C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a>apktool d SystemUI.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loaded.
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
I: Done.
I: Copying assets and libs...

C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a>apktool b SystemUI
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_notification_panel_titl
e.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style
' with value '@style/SystemBarNotificationText').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_notification_panel_titl
e.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style
e.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:5: er
ror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value
'@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsRow').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:6: er
ror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value
'@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsIcon').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:7: er
'@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsContents').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:10: e
rror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with valu
e '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsPanelSeparator').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:11: e
rror: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with valu
e '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsRow').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:12: e
e '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsIcon').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:13: e
e '@style/SystemBarPanelSettingsContents').
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:15: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:16: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:17: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:18: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:21: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:22: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:23: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:26: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:27: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:28: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:29: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:32: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:33: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:34: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:35: e
C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res\layout\syst em_bar_settings_view.xml:37: e
p\APKTOOL1881363873558439613.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framewor
k\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop
\a\SystemUI\AndroidManifest.xml]
\Users\Mathis\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL1881363873 558439613.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C
:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\r
es, -M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\AndroidManifest .xml]
... 5 more
APKTOOL1881363873558439613.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Mathis\apktool\framework\
1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a\SystemUI\res, -M, C:\Users\Mathis\Desktop\a
\SystemUI\AndroidManifest.xml]
... 6 more
And now, what shall i do ?