5,597,397 Members 30,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protector, overheating, charging and root problems..

Tip us?
 
DefunctiO
Old
#1  
DefunctiO's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 84
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bratislava
Phone Screen protector, overheating, charging and root problems..

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

I have received my Z1 day before yesterday, it is a great phone with amazing performance BUT

While taking some pictures, phone refused to continue, apparently it was too hot. I will post a screenshot.

Then when I connected to a original charger, xperia told me that the source is insufficient and my phone won't charge fast enough.. (i might have been playing some games, but still, original accessory). Is this ok?

I have heard that some Z1 phone have included screen protector mine did not have it. Other info I read is that there is one already installed, I can't see anything on the device though. And what about voiding warranty when removing it?

And is there a way to root phone (without unlocking bootloader) and voiding warranty?

Thank you guys for your answers and have a great day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-05-13-53-32.jpg
Views:	6711
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	2304202  
smartphone history
iPhone 3G 16gb --> iPhone 4 32gb --> HTC Sensation --> HTC One V --> Nexus 4 --> HTC One -> Sony Xperia Z1
 
gregbradley
Old
#2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefunctiO View Post
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

I have received my Z1 day before yesterday, it is a great phone with amazing performance BUT

While taking some pictures, phone refused to continue, apparently it was too hot. I will post a screenshot.

Then when I connected to a original charger, xperia told me that the source is insufficient and my phone won't charge fast enough.. (i might have been playing some games, but still, original accessory). Is this ok?
Don't know about this, sorry
Quote:
I have heard that some Z1 phone have included screen protector mine did not have it. Other info I read is that there is one already installed, I can't see anything on the device though. And what about voiding warranty when removing it?
There is a factory fitted screen protector, you can feel the edges of it at the very edge of the screen with your fingernails.
You will not void warrenty by removing it, I normally do remove it from xperia phones (Its difficult but can be done with your fingernails) but I have not done it yet on my Z1
Quote:
And is there a way to root phone (without unlocking bootloader) and voiding warranty?

Thank you guys for your answers and have a great day
Yes, just look in the two threads about rooting in the dev section.
Don't forget, rooting is different to unlocking


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LadFromWales85
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 339
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Don't know about this, sorry

There is a factory fitted screen protector, you can feel the edges of it at the very edge of the screen with your fingernails.
You will not void warrenty by removing it, I normally do remove it from xperia phones (Its difficult but can be done with your fingernails) but I have not done it yet on my Z1
The protector pre-installed to the screen is not a scratch protector. It is a shatter protector, and scratches easily. It is also where the 'SONY' logo is printed, and removing it does invalidate your warranty.
It is recommended a screen protector is installed over the top of this shatter protector.
The Following User Says Thank You to LadFromWales85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gregbradley
Old
#4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadFromWales85 View Post
The protector pre-installed to the screen is not a scratch protector. It is a shatter protector, and scratches easily. It is also where the 'SONY' logo is printed, and removing it does invalidate your warranty.
It is recommended a screen protector is installed over the top of this shatter protector.
I have never had a problem with this.
Infact I removed this from my xperia T as soon as I got it. then several months later I dropped the phone flat onto its face onto a metal spike and screen shattered.

I got a free replacement under warrenty and no mention of the protector being removed.
I also, have never read in any of my contracts about warrenty being invalidated if its removed.

I also keep my phone in my pocket with loose change and car keys with no screen protector or case and have neve had a scratch or anything. the only time I had an issue was when I dropped it, and trust me, the way it was dropped, and what it landed on, it would not have mattered if it was srapped in bubble wra, it would still have shattered


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
Jiyeon90
Old
#5  
Jiyeon90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 417
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadFromWales85 View Post
The protector pre-installed to the screen is not a scratch protector. It is a shatter protector, and scratches easily. It is also where the 'SONY' logo is printed, and removing it does invalidate your warranty.
It is recommended a screen protector is installed over the top of this shatter protector.
Thats false, removing the shatter protector that comes pre-installed doesnt void your warranty
 
LadFromWales85
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 339
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
I got the information from the Email from Sony in the below post. Did they give false information? It'd be nice to know for sure, just in case I need to remove mine down the line!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40603775
 
gregbradley
Old
#7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
That's not an email you got from sony,
that's a post from someone on xda.

Please read your contract.


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
vito45
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 27
Join Date: Nov 2009
I downloaded warranty guide (for UK and Slovakia) from sony web site and I didn't found anything about shutter protector :-/
The Following User Says Thank You to vito45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DefunctiO
Old
#9  
DefunctiO's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 84
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bratislava
So, to sum it up..

1. Screen

- there is screen protector pre installed
- we do not know for sure if removing it will void my warranty
- it is recommended to put another screen protector over it

2. Root

- If I avoid unlocking bootloader it will not void my warranty.
- there is how to on XDA already

3. Overheating while taking pictures

- no info so far here
- am I really the only one with issue?

4. Charging

- again the only one? (happened only once, is it reason to contact telekom?)

Thank you guys for your answers
smartphone history
iPhone 3G 16gb --> iPhone 4 32gb --> HTC Sensation --> HTC One V --> Nexus 4 --> HTC One -> Sony Xperia Z1
 
gregbradley
Old
#10  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3305
Posts: 7,744
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefunctiO View Post
So, to sum it up..

1. Screen

- there is screen protector pre installed
- we do not know for sure if removing it will void my warranty
- it is recommended to put another screen protector over it
yes
NO IT WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRENTY
I never do
Quote:
2. Root

- If I avoid unlocking bootloader it will not void my warranty.
- there is how to on XDA already
Yes
There are several!!
Quote:
3. Overheating while taking pictures

- no info so far here
- am I really the only one with issue?

4. Charging

- again the only one? (happened only once, is it reason to contact telekom?)

Thank you guys for your answers
None of the above happened to me and I have not read it on xda happening to others


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes