5,594,564 Members 33,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VOYO A18 Exynos 5410 Rom Development

Tip us?

stallionrider21
Old
(Last edited by stallionrider21; 26th December 2013 at 04:42 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default VOYO A18 Exynos 5410 Rom Development

VOYO A18 Exynos 5410 quad core+quad core=eight core 3G tablet PC,9.7" 2048*1536,bluetooth 4.0,GPS tablet pc

Voyo A18 is a superb android tablet. Its software needs development. I urge to every senior member and Guru to guide us and make this tablet worthwhile.

official website id:http://www.myvoyo.com/

stallionrider21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Updates!

By courtesy of senior members like cracktech now we have modified Rooting Tools for A18 to include installation of busybox:http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o...%2Bbusybox.zip
latest evrsion fo VROOt for those wanting automated Rooting :http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6...4388_Setup.exe

Guys you need to see this thread too for few problems with A 18 and please recommend solutions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post48809151

stallionrider21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Known Problems with A18

No service issue.--resolved after new update of 25 dec thanks to @cracktech.
Tablet crashing/ restarting- still exist, any help?

stallionrider21
Old
(Last edited by stallionrider21; 26th December 2013 at 05:06 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Lightbulb Necessary information

Information mentioned below has been taken from another thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post48829170

in order to discuss all voyo a18 issues at one place. credit goes to all participating members like, @cracktech , @lijianwei.

Firmwares:
1. 16-Dec-2013 http://www.myvoyo.com/xiazai/pingban/A18/2013/205.shtml
2. 25 Dec -2013 with root tools by @cracktech http://www.needrom.com/mobile/latest...-a18-firmware/
3. 25 Dec-2013 (DPI CHANGED) http://d-h.st/P7H

Issues
1. my earlier post:""1.it used to crash almost 3-4 times and was hoping next firmware update will solve this but even after updating 16-Dec update it still has the problem. Now i tried another fix that I have fully charged it and then cleared the battery stats from root tools app from Google play.I can see great improvement in battery draining and so far there is none switch off issue,but I will update about it later.
2. This tab has got Huawei ultra stick 3g mobile broadband. I am experiencing signal problem most of the time. And if I turn off the screen there is no cellular service after that until I reboot. Solved in 25 Dec update.
3. Most important thing. When I bought this piece it used to produce static noise (heard clearly in speakers)very much while charging/not charging, screen flicker and used to get crash. I though it was due to poor quality control of Chinese mfr and so disassembled whole tab again assembled it and re rooted speakers wires as they were very close to battery wires..after all this binary I don't get now the said problems.
In the end I pay my respects to all especially cracktech and datagr for helping out all members. I hope you ppl will help solving the problems of this device as its a very good hardware just need right software.
Sent from my A18 using xda app-developers app""
any body else having such issues please share. and any suggestion on crashing issue

cracktech
Old
(Last edited by cracktech; 26th December 2013 at 08:40 AM.) Reason: Added links
Thanks Meter 20
Thumbs up Firmware updates

The above firmware especially between #2 and #3 are not the same the #2 is dated 25-Dec and the #3 is dated 24_Dec, I dont know the changes maybe the issues from the 24-Dec are quickly caught by the factory.

2. (s9702_gpsv3_yongjiahe_20131225 for #2 in the list) another link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/08...e_20131225.zip
3. (s9702_gpsv3_yongjiahe_20131224 for #3)

I have yet to study the firmware to improve and how to automate the installation of improvements like GPS improvements, market improvements and build.prop, framework folders.

Stallionrider, are you facing issues with the DPI and crashes even in the latest updates or are they solved?
VOYO A18 OCTA CORE ,ONDA V975m_KitKat.PiPo M9Pro KASTY ROM (Version 2.0.13 KitKat-Mar-14, LENOVO A880 6inch Phablet MT6582, ZTPAD C93 Duo Core AMX CM10.2 rc-3 30-Oct-13,AIGO M60 6" Pad 4.0.4 for my Grandaughter hehe,hehe..ZENITHINK ZTPAD: Z102 And. 4.0.4, C91 And. 4.0.4,S4 Clone Quad Core MT6589 rooted And. 4.2.9 (4.2.2),BML GT-I9300 MocorDroid4.03 MT6515M_C909_HT_V14 build
The Following User Says Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stallionrider21
Old
(Last edited by stallionrider21; 26th December 2013 at 09:49 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Feedback New Rom VOYO A16 dated 24 dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracktech View Post
The above firmware especially between #2 and #3 are not the same the #2 is dated 25-Dec and the #3 is dated 24_Dec, I dont know the changes maybe the issues from the 24-Dec are quickly caught by the factory.

2. (s9702_gpsv3_yongjiahe_20131225 for #2 in the list) another link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/08...e_20131225.zip
3. (s9702_gpsv3_yongjiahe_20131224 for #3)

I have yet to study the firmware to improve and how to automate the installation of improvements like GPS improvements, market improvements and build.prop, framework folders.

Stallionrider, are you facing issues with the DPI and crashes even in the latest updates or are they solved?
After talking to support centre the rom which i received was good in a way that cellular service improved. But DPI was set to 239 and everything was out of shape i could not even run swiftkey keyboard. Crashing issue is still there i ran Antutu benchmarking i got random results like 24222 and 134444 and rom was still crashing but only in games in my experience unlike before when it used to give random crashes..i have now reflashed with userdata.img and system.img files of 24 dec and rest all files from 16 Dec, I got back again to good DPI but i think i might have signal problem with screen off. i will get back when after observing it.

cracktech do anywhere in rom after installation we can see changelog as i could not find. i think before making any of the improvement you are mentioning first we should have a stable rom. Can you ask some senior help in this regard?

stallionrider21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Feedback 25 dec rom

guys just downloaded 25 dec rom from official site they have corrected DPI and cellular, lets see if there is more bugs and crashing issue

Dvalin21
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Hello everyone. I'm shopping for a new tablet, and I see you guys have something going with this. I just wanted to see would it be worth buying this tablet? Right now, its this or the Pipo M8 HD. One of many concerns is the battery, especially with the Octa core cpu. It would be nice to be able to see that improve. How many hours at current will the tablet last in standby and causal use? Thank you very much.

stallionrider21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalin21 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm shopping for a new tablet, and I see you guys have something going with this. I just wanted to see would it be worth buying this tablet? Right now, its this or the Pipo M8 HD. One of many concerns is the battery, especially with the Octa core cpu. It would be nice to be able to see that improve. How many hours at current will the tablet last in standby and causal use? Thank you very much.
VOYO a16 is claimed to be octa core, but seriously i dont think so i am not sure different benchmark apps show it as arm7 quad core but i amnot expert may be cracktech can tell. we had few problems of firmware in begining but after 25 dec update i dont see any proble just played real racing 3 and world war z game no crashing etc. in my experience battery runs for 3-4 hours of constant gaming and wifi use. otherwise more than a day on standby. and one thing more before you buy i can just tell you i dont know if its Octa core but i am loving it

cracktech
Old
(Last edited by cracktech; 28th December 2013 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Wink For those of you who want to RISK the purchase of VOYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionrider21 View Post
VOYO a16 is claimed to be octa core, but seriously i dont think so i am not sure different benchmark apps show it as arm7 quad core but i amnot expert may be cracktech can tell. we had few problems of firmware in begining but after 25 dec update i dont see any proble just played real racing 3 and world war z game no crashing etc. in my experience battery runs for 3-4 hours of constant gaming and wifi use. otherwise more than a day on standby. and one thing more before you buy i can just tell you i dont know if its Octa core but i am loving it

This is a copy of e-mail I receive from a seller from China (for those that want to risk and forgo warranty claims (I would risk it for the price that is being quoted) to purchase it from China wholesale prices.

Dear Mr Dzulkifly Yusof,
How are you doing? Merry Christmas and enjoy a happy holiday! Order from us will get free shipping by EMS and a pretty extra gift now.
Order 3pcs will get 1pcs free;Order 5pcs will get 1pcs smartphone Xiaomi Mi3 64GB unlocked;Order 10pcs will get 1pcs Apple iphone 5S 64GB unlocked.

9.7'' tablet Voyo A18(IPS 2048x1536/Octa-core 1.6GHz/Android 4.2/GPS/3G phone call/Bluetooth/WIFI/Dual camera) ---------------US$125
Warranty: 1year international warranty.
Shipping time: within 24hours.
Delivery time: 3-5days.
Return policy: Any defective or not satisfied pls send it back within 15days and we will give full refund.
Payment term: We support Western Union and T/T bank transfer.

Looking forward to hearing from you. With respect!
Yours sincerely,
Julia.
pioneermanager@vip.sina.com

These are the e-mails I got from China and I am buying a few pieces to sell locally in Malaysia.(you guys should see the prices for Apple iPad it is below USD 200!Originals! DELL Laptops are all below USD200 for an i7 PC)

To check whether it is a true Octa Core (which it is) download and install this on your device to test it Big/Little endian four big and 4 small just to allay your fears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgs5oz7px9...hecker_1.0.apk

Best regards.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote:
VOYO A16 (???) I am not aware that they had that model, only A18 is an OCTA Core the rest are duo core or quad core device.The A15 is duo core Exynos 5250 but with a whopping 11.5 inch screen, the X6 is single core

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:
guys just downloaded 25 dec rom from official site they have corrected DPI and cellular, lets see if there is more bugs and crashing issue
Stallionrider,
Please keep us updated have you rooted the firmware yet using the roottools given? Glad to know that they corrected the DPI settings in the 25-Dec firmware. They are sure moving very fast on the updates 24-Dec and 25-Dec version in one go. I am waiting for my PiPo M9Pro which is getting its KiTKat version anyday now updated from 4.2.2.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

The 25_Dec firmware included with RootTools for VOYO A18 for those that dont want to wait for the slow China links. :

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/latest...-a18-firmware/

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote:
For faster download from US web the file included together with RootTools for the 25-Dec version. have to register (free) on NeedROM site)

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/latest...-a18-firmware/
VOYO A18 OCTA CORE ,ONDA V975m_KitKat.PiPo M9Pro KASTY ROM (Version 2.0.13 KitKat-Mar-14, LENOVO A880 6inch Phablet MT6582, ZTPAD C93 Duo Core AMX CM10.2 rc-3 30-Oct-13,AIGO M60 6" Pad 4.0.4 for my Grandaughter hehe,hehe..ZENITHINK ZTPAD: Z102 And. 4.0.4, C91 And. 4.0.4,S4 Clone Quad Core MT6589 rooted And. 4.2.9 (4.2.2),BML GT-I9300 MocorDroid4.03 MT6515M_C909_HT_V14 build

The Following User Says Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]