I am proud to present you with a lean AOSP based ROM.
Omni is a community-based project for the Android community which is Free: Free to Use, Free to Modify, Free to Share. It's also about options, which is the beauty of Android.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot. */
- Inspire Launcher and Wallpapers (thanks iGio90)
- Custom Bars
- Custom Power menu
- Custom Notification drawer
- Active display
- OmniSwitch (Recent applications view)
- Non-intrusive popup for incoming calls
- Dash Clock
- CM cLock
- Slim's Simple Explorer
- Performance Settings (CPU, Memory, Dalvik, Advanced)
- Built-in A2SD (thanks Evervolv)
- Xposed installer
- Evervolv qsd8k kernel 2.6.38 with a few security fixes and mods
- CPU governors: SmartassH3, SmartassV2, InteractiveX, Interactive, OnDemand, Performance
- SD Read Ahead: 2048KB
- Bugreporting with logcat, please.
- It's an early preview so expect bugs.
- I don't claim responsibility for the code in this rom, I have only built it for this device.
OmniRom 4.4.4 20140720 Bravo HOMEMADE
Slim gapps 9 (removed Google Setup Wizard)
- An hboot with at least 250mb on system. These include stock hboot or Alpha Jelly (250/5/182) hboot
- A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
- The latest TWRP (credits @Chromium_) or 4EXT (credits @madmaxx82) Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.
- Full wipe
- Flash ROM
- Boot ROM and let it settle down (3-5 min)
- Open up Terminal Emulator, type in 'su' and 'a2sd install ' (chose: Y/N/N)
- Boot into recovery and flash latest slim Gapps
What's new in release 5:
- Sync with omnirom repo (2014/07/19)
- Fixed "Got stuck at boot/splash screen" by
- using a new kernel version ("Utopian") which:
-- is closer again to the Evervolv kernel
-- default governor set to PERFORMANCE (if you want a longer battery life, switch to SmartAss)
- Fixed 'long press home key' to bring up the recent apps
- Fixed Notification/Battery LED support
- Fixed battery draining with Google services framework 5
- Baked in chainfire's SuperSU v2.01 (no more extra flashing required)
- Added Xposed installer
- Added Slim's FileManager
- Added InspireLauncher & InspireWallpapers (thanks iGio90 for allowing me to use it in my rom)
- Added CM's cLock
- Added back DeskClock
- ART is working (tested by myself)
- Xposed/GravityBox brings FC
- Welcome to Android 4.4.4 KTU84P
- Sync with omnirom repo (2014/06/21)
- Switch gcc toolchain to Linaro 4.9
- ART included
- USB tethering fixed
- Latest carbonized kernel (min.cpu freq. set to 200MHz)
Note: download the latest gapps package for 4.4.4 which is linked in this thread!
- Sync with omnirom repo (2014/05/18)
- Switch gcc toolchain to Sabermod 4.10 (better performance)
- Fix Usb Mass Storage
- Enable high-end graphics option (gives translucent decor/status bar)
- "CarbonizedKernel" v0.6 which is based off of Evervolv's qsd8k and of EternityKernel (kudos @croniccorey):
-- BFS (Brain F*ck Scheduler)
-- HAVS (Hybrid Adaptive Voltage Scaling; dynamically changes the phones voltage; should use up less battery)
-- Lots of different CPU governors (Lazy [thanks @Ezekeel], Lagfree, SmartassH3, SmartassV2, InteractiveX, etc.)
-- Default CPU gov is SmartassH3 which is said to offer a great balance between performance and battery life
-- Extended CPU freq table: Min. CPU freq: 175MHz; Max. CPU freq: 1500MHz (!)
-- Read ahead 2048Kb
- Sync with omnirom repo (2014/05/03)
- Fixed Bluetooth
- Performance enhancements via bionic optimization
- Added back stock Mms.apk (theme issues were reported for MMS Dark Holo)
- Added LiquidFileManager.apk (thanks dnielfe & liquid smooth team)
- Initial release (2014/04/26)
CURRENTLY NOT WORKING:
- MMS (present in all 4.x ROMs; Just use Textra SMS instead)
- Video recording (currently present in all 4.x ROMs for HTC Desire; Just use Videocam Illusion (audio quality at 44.1KHz!))
- Screen recording (writes zero KB file)
- OpenVPN (kernel issue: cannot acquire tun interface socket)
- SELinux (disabled by intention)
The most recent release also includes ART. Please be warned that ART is still considered to be an "experimental mode". Only few apps support it. ART is currently not tested by me and may lead to crashes or even to data loss. Please enable ART only if you know what you are doing and why you are doing this.
- Add Trackball wake option
- Investigate why hardware keys are not illuminated when you push them
You may want to compile it yourself:
To initialize your local repository use this command:
repo init -u git://github.com/spezi77/omnirom.git -b android-4.4
cd into repo folder; . build/envsetup.sh; brunch bravo
- OmniROM Team
- Evervolv Team "bringing us kk in the first place and some of the other source used"
- Croniccorey "for EternityKernel"
- CyanogenMod "for their legacy code"
- BaNkS "for the minimal GApps package"
- PurityKitKat "for the bionic optimizations"
Have a nice day!