Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No touch screen after flashing system.img

Tip us?

Solaris81
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default No touch screen after flashing system.img

I purchased a Kindle Fire HD 7 inch from a closing down sale attempted to flash a system.img to it to get it out of demo mode. Firstly i tried with the system recovery tool in these forums. I tried 3 different images, 7.1.5, 7.2.1, and 7.2.2. The last one causes the device to not even boot, the first 2 will boot to the start but there is no touchscreen so i can't do anything.

I've tried re-flashing the same images manually without using the recovery tool but it's the same situation. What has caused the touchscreen to not work and is it recoverable?

Thanks.

longthinkzhang
Old
(Last edited by longthinkzhang; 17th December 2012 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
i had this problem too,you need to flash the other partions in addition to the system.img
if you cannot find them.try this : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...556,its my backup without system for 7.1.5

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to longthinkzhang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Solaris81
Old
(Last edited by Solaris81; 17th December 2012 at 02:15 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Hi, thanks for the reply, is it possible to tell me how to flash the other partition? I can't seem to find anything about it online. Also i don't know how to follow your link.

Thanks

EDIT: I worked out how to open your link. Silly me, i'll try it and see if it helps.

EDIT 2: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You fixed the problem for me, I'm very happy.

longthinkzhang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
glad it helps.

bazm60
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default boot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by longthinkzhang View Post
glad it helps.

hi do i just download file and is there then instructions to follow as i have same problem

longthinkzhang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazm60 View Post
hi do i just download file and is there then instructions to follow as i have same problem
download the file and extract them to ".img"

just change the two names in the code you used to flash the system.img

here is an example, when you are flashing the boot.img, use this:

Code:
Select Code
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img

for more information:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1930656

bazm60
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longthinkzhang View Post
download the file and extract them to ".img"

just change the two names in the code you used to flash the system.img

here is an example, when you are flashing the boot.img, use this:

Code:
Select Code
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img

for more information:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1930656
Hi this is all new to me. I did a factory reset and when complete touch screen would not work. I used the img restore from here. Now stuck on boot loop. So do you mean unzipp to this img file with system img in. And if so do I unzip all the other files. And then do I use the tool but write the command you have suggested. I am a bit baffled by this and have an expensive papper weight. Please a little more detail for a beginner. Thanks to all

longthinkzhang
Old
(Last edited by longthinkzhang; 17th December 2012 at 09:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazm60 View Post
Hi this is all new to me. I did a factory reset and when complete touch screen would not work. I used the img restore from here. Now stuck on boot loop. So do you mean unzipp to this img file with system img in. And if so do I unzip all the other files. And then do I use the tool but write the command you have suggested. I am a bit baffled by this and have an expensive papper weight. Please a little more detail for a beginner. Thanks to all
sorry for my bad english

have you flashed the system.img yet ? what's your system version before the boot loop?

you had a KFHD 7.2.2 or 7.2.3 and you flashed my .img files that belong to 7.1.5 , is that right?

if so , i would suggest you flash the 7.1.5 system.img now.

download it from here: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...9&uk=906074556 and then use the code below:

fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system system.img

when i said extract them to ".img", i meant that unzip them and you will get several ".img" files. >_<

bazm60
Old
(Last edited by bazm60; 17th December 2012 at 02:44 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 0
Default boot loop

thanks for your responce, will yes kfhd 7 it was on 7.2.2 i did a factory reset and the touch screen never worked so i used the img restore tool on here and flashe with v2 and other v1.3 did not work, it was with 7.2.1 which came with v1.2, now stuck in boot loop, when you say enter code where am i entering it, thanks
when i say tool from here i mean the KFHD system.img recovery tool
I NEED AN IDIOTS GUIDE ON HOW TO FLASH THE OTHER PARTITION

update. i have flashed it with your image and it now starts but touch screen not working

longthinkzhang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hmm......

i am sorry i am totally confused now and i donnot know how to tell you what to do in english. You may start a new thread and i believe somebody will help you.sorry again.