Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Unofficial Clockworkmod recovery for Lenovo Ideapad A1

Tip us?

gmarkall
Old
(Last edited by gmarkall; 20th August 2012 at 12:33 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 559
Exclamation [DEV] Unofficial Clockworkmod recovery for Lenovo Ideapad A1

This version of ClockworkMod recovery has been produced by Milaq

There's currently a github repository for the device/lenovo/a1 folder in the Cyanogenmod Android tree at https://github.com/gmarkall/android_device_ideapad_a1

Current status: CWM v6.0.1.2 by Milaq

Download: http://milaq.exnet.me/downloads/andr...ideapad-a1.zip

What appears to work: backing up, erasing and restoring /system, /data, /cache and /sd-ext. Installing zips from internal and external SD cards. Touchscreen calibration. Partitioning the external SD card. Installing OTA packages also works, but they will wipe out this recovery

What's not supported: backup/restore of the x-loader, u-boot, kernel or ramdisks.

Installation of 6.0.1.2 from the stock recovery

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Although the recovery has now been tested by several people and there have been no problems reported, there is still a small risk of damage or problems due to unforeseen issues. The unlikely worst case scenario is that your A1 will be bricked. In the event that something goes wrong, I will do my best to help recover the situation, but I am not liable for any damage incurred. It is up to you to decide if you want to take this risk. If you are not comfortable with the risk, then do not attempt to install the recovery!

Now that's out of the way, and if you're willing to take the risk, the following steps should be taken to install the recovery:

1. Download the file "cwm-6.0.1.2-ideapad-a1.zip" from the hosting page.
2. Copy this file to the root of the internal SD card and rename it to update.zip (so the full path should be /sdcard/update.zip)
3. Power down the Ideapad.
4. Hold down volume down and turn the power back on, keeping volume down held until the tablet boots up to an image of an arrow out of a box with an android (this is the stock recovery).
5. Wait whilst Clockworkmod recovery installs. The progress bar should fill up.
6. Once the installation has finished, you should see a green tick in a green triangle and the ideapad will power down.
7. You can now power on as normal to get back to Android, or power on with volume down held to get into Clockworkmod recovery
8. Please post your experiences, and any issues you encounter in responses to this thread - feedback will be really helpful to smooth out any issues, and/or to gain confidence that the recovery is working properly.

Installation from an older version of Clockworkmod

If you have installed a previously released version of of this CWM, you can install the latest version in the usual way in which zips are installed in CWM.

Going back to stock

You can install the stock-a1-recovery.zip file using Clockworkmod to go back to the stock recovery.

IRC Channel

#ideapad-a1 on irc.freenode.net

Thanks to

Milaq, who built the recovery
Henge, for providing me with information before I got my Ideapad
Spiegeleixxl, for information about the bootloader and how to produce a bootable SD card
Imritechere, Otti17, and Mikerizzo97 for testing out the recovery
Xbdesign, for translating installation instructions into German, and testing the 5.0.2.8 recovery and MBR
Kryszan, for translating installation instructions into Polish
Monsefito, for Spanish translation of instructions
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to gmarkall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

otti17
Old
(Last edited by otti17; 9th January 2012 at 09:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Great job. Thank you in advance for your hard work

Gesendet von meinem A1_07 mit Tapatalk

henge.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yes! All the best for your endeavor!
Hmm, let's see...
Code:
$ cat /proc/emmc
/proc/emmc: No such file or directory
Maybe this helps...?
Code:
$ cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name
 179        0   15388672 mmcblk0
 179        1     292969 mmcblk0p1
 179        2     195312 mmcblk0p2
 179        3    1953125 mmcblk0p3
 179        4      34180 mmcblk0p4
 179        5   12856445 mmcblk0p5
 179       16    3872768 mmcblk1
 179       17    3872737 mmcblk1p1
The Following User Says Thank You to henge. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gmarkall
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Hi Henge,

Thanks for that! I didn't realise there would be no /proc/emmc - perhaps it had a /proc/mtd instead...

Would you be able to show me the output of the mount command as well please? Then I should be able to figure out which of those partitions is which of system, data, etc..

Many thanks for your help!

henge.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No, no /proc/mtd either.
Here's the output of mount:

Code:
$ mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system ext3 ro,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /cache ext3 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /data ext3 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /.secure ext3 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=writeback 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
debugfs /debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/sdcard/removable_sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/removable_sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henge. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wiederre
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey.

with cat /proc/mtd is the same

gmarkall
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Henge,

Thanks for this - I'll put together a recovery.fstab based on this for now!

henge.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Glad if I could help!

tinybeetle
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Nice to see someone working on this. Thank you! There is a somewhat active community of users at this link on XDA that I'm sure are going to be pleased to see this thread.
================================================== ============
Since August 2013 - HiSense Sero 7 Pro with 32gb microSD
Since December 2012 - Star B92M 1GB MTK6577 phone.
Since November 2011 - Lenovo IdeaPad A1 16gb with 16gb microSD.
Used to have an LY-F521 Telechips 8803 ARM Cortex A8. Then it was stolen... Sigh.

Wascha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Keep us updated on your efforts please and thanks a ton in advance! Looking forward to your progress!

Gesendet von meinem A1_07 mit Tapatalk