5,598,542 Members 44,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] N7105T Baseband IMEI Issues

Tip us?

kptrip
Old
(Last edited by kptrip; 26th February 2014 at 11:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sign [Q] [HELP] N7105T Baseband IMEI Issues

OK. Think my head is completely red from constant facepalming..

So prior to this:

- Previously on CleanACE 4.x before making the mistake (4.2 bootloader?) - long time no flash flash
- Wanted to try Ditto Note 3
- Have a nandroid backup
- Have a backup of EFS *folder only*, from before going to 4.3 (not sure if this is of any use)

Where I screwed it:

- Hadn't read up on 4.3 stuff much
- Haphazardly flashed things thinking there is always a way to revert seeing I have backups, etc.
- Installed some of the following things (been so much stuffing around since the day she died ):
* DN3 Vegeta edition? (have a feeling this is for N7100, can't even find the thing now) - did not boot
* Flashed: MJ5BLPatch.tar.md5 and WiFi patch from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823
* DN3 LTE edition t0lte/N7105
- After that I had working WiFi but "No SIM inserted message", no baseband version, no H/W info, no Phone info, etc. Everything relating to radio seems to be borked - IMEI is null/null also

What I have tried (was sure to remain N7105 / t0lte specific this time around):

- Flashed 4.2 stock ROM
* Flashed old modem
* Removed EFS folder / restored EFS folder
+ Same issues encountered with baseband / SIM /IMEI

- Flashed 4.3 stock ROM
* Re-flashed modem from stock .tar via CWM package and ODIN
* Re-flashed each partition using Heimdall - N7105/t0lte .PIT, Re-Format - all portions of flashing showed OK including modem, boot.img and sboot.bin
* Removed EFS folder / restored EFS folder - checking owner/permissions were set for nv_data.bin as being radio:radio

- Flashing various kernels for N7105 (no issues encountered while flashing)
- Flashing various modems for N7105 (no issues encountered while flashing)
- NAND Erase all option using stock firmware in ODIN
- Review mount points making sure EFS is being mounted - shows a mount point, folder isn't empty, seems legit
- Review EFS file/folder permissions - main concern was nv_data.bin which was root:root, changed to radio:radio
- At some point I had lost my CSC (CSC was correct in /EFS/IMEI/cantrememberfilename - showing as TEL (Telstra/Australia), this was fixed by flashing stock ROM via ODIN using CSC option
- Also tried using tools such as CDMA Workshop, QPST, Samsung Tool
* Set RMNET + DM + MODEM via *#7284#
* Tried connecting using above tools using the COM port shown under Samsung USB Modem in device manager along with all other COM ports , "No response from phone.." in CDMA Workshop / NV-items_reader_writer.exe
* QPST - I could configure the diagnostic port and add it using QPSTConfig but all fields would show as empty / no phone
* Tested Device Manager -> Modem -> Samsung USB Modem, tested connection in device manager dialog - connection failed
* Trying to enter *#9090# shows Service Mode screen but no options at all to select

Where I am at now:

- Stock ROM with WiFi and correct CSC
- No SIM inserted message
- Cannot turn on mobile network
- Developer mode has switched itself on (power button turns phone off directly, black overlaid box showing device info)
* H/W, Phone, Baseband, IMEI are all blank in the overlaid box

What I am thinking:

- I need to restore baseband somehow but stock restores and modem.bin are not doing the trick

Any ideas / input VERY much appreciated - at the moment it is cheap 3g phone -> WiFi hotspot -> Note 2 WiFi only - *facepalm*

Thanks heaps to anyone who may reply!
The Following User Says Thank You to kptrip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kptrip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptrip View Post
- Developer mode has switched itself on (power button turns phone off directly, black overlaid box showing device info)
EDIT: Sorry - meant to say FACTORY MODE was ON
* H/W, Phone, Baseband, IMEI are all blank in the overlaid box
Removed factory mode using instructions here: forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/243294-how-exit-factory-mode-into-usermode.html

Quote:
Open terminal emulator and type as ;

su
rm /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
rm /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
reboot

kptrip
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
IMEI is actually Unknown, not null/null.

Also, from phone status:

network=unknown
signal strength=-113dBm 0asu
mobile network type=unknown
service state=out of service
mobile network state=disconnected
my phone number=unknown
imei=unknown
imei sv=unknown
device status=custom (stock -> cf_auto -> philz_touch ->su update)
baseband version=unknown

- Noticed some threads refer to nv_data.bin as .nv_data.bin, cp /efs/nv_data.bin /efs/.nv_data and set full permissions for all users

Same same..

MinChains
Old
(Last edited by MinChains; 26th February 2014 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
you need a patched kernel as well as modem, this is because the upgrade to 4.3 means that the EFS upgrades to EFS v2, you are going to have to patch it every time you install a new kernel or modem( usually every rom). If you have corrupted the IMEI files, I could be able to send you a "recreated" EFS but unfortunately as this is not strictly legal in some countries, I would require also the country you are from as well as a photo with the battery removed of the IMEI number, Phone serial Number, as well as the Mac address and bluetooth address of the phone, do not post it straight on the forums.

Mods:

Please check if this allowed, as IMEI tempering is a grey area
The Following User Says Thank You to MinChains For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]