Post Reply

Handwriting recognition

OP REHolt218

13th April 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Are there any good handwriting recognition (handwriting to text) applications that run on the 1NotePro 2.2? I haven't been able to find one that works.


Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #2  
wingdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 50
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Not sure what kind of app you are looking for. Keyboard? Notepad?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ts.notesmobile does an excellent job with handwriting to text in a notepad. Pricey, but it does exactly what it says it will do. They also make a great free handwriting keyboard so you can test out how well it reads your handwriting.
13th April 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo

Not sure what kind of app you are looking for. Keyboard? Notepad?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ts.notesmobile does an excellent job with handwriting to text in a notepad. Pricey, but it does exactly what it says it will do. They also make a great free handwriting keyboard so you can test out how well it reads your handwriting.

Looking for something I can use to take handwritten notes during meetings and have it convert them to text on my NotePro 12.2. Your suggested app looks like it might work. Wish there were a trial version. I'm tired of buying apps that sound good but don't do what I want them to.



Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
ExtremeRyno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
This feature is already built in, as far as I can tell...I mean when I'm in a note taking app (any of them) or an office app, and I use the SPen instead of the keyboard, it opens a beige writing bar thing to write on. When I write, it converts that to text. Works like a charm...I take notes this way in SNote all the time.
14th April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno

This feature is already built in, as far as I can tell...I mean when I'm in a note taking app (any of them) or an office app, and I use the SPen instead of the keyboard, it opens a beige writing bar thing to write on. When I write, it converts that to text. Works like a charm...I take notes this way in SNote all the time.

OK, what am I doing wrong? I have tried SNote and can not see how to make it convert my handwriting to text.



Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
500 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

OK, what am I doing wrong? I have tried SNote and can not see how to make it convert my handwriting to text.



Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

You have two options. 1. Select the text input option so your keyboard come up. Then pull out your spen. If the keyboard doesnt become a writing pad the press the option key next to the spacebar and hold it until you can select a settings icon. This will take you to the keyboard settings. Then you can set the keybaord to detect the spen. From then on any time you remove the pen the keyboard will switch automatically. 2. Write normally with the pen in snote. Then select the lasso tool and surround the text you wrote and select the option that says transform. Then select text and it will convert it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Duly.noted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

You have two options. 1. Select the text input option so your keyboard come up. Then pull out your spen. If the keyboard doesnt become a writing pad the press the option key next to the spacebar and hold it until you can select a settings icon. This will take you to the keyboard settings. Then you can set the keybaord to detect the spen. From then on any time you remove the pen the keyboard will switch automatically. 2. Write normally with the pen in snote. Then select the lasso tool and surround the text you wrote and select the option that says transform. Then select text and it will convert it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the help. That took care of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #8  
KestrelX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Myscript stylus beta keyboard is great for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #9  
AstroDigital's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
504 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
MyScript Notes Mobile, tried and work so far great.
People say sNote works what if you happen to use the OEM keyboard?
I can not use the OEM keyboard it is way too big and ugly on the other hand Swiftkey with a floating tiny keyboard is perfect.

Seems like MyScript Notes Mobile does exactly want pull out the stylus notes automatically converted to text.
$10 app maybe worth it.
15th April 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDigital

Seems like MyScript Notes Mobile does exactly want pull out the stylus notes automatically converted to text.
$10 app maybe worth it.

What's wrong with Evernote that comes with the device?.. It also has 12 months premium included to store notes in the cloud... It recognizes the handwriting (even my russian one) with native keyboard...

What's the better for Notes Mobile?..
I am really curious.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Themes and Apps by ThreadRank