Ask a question

No registration required

Question GDGPS3.5''

OP devolucija

20th July 2009, 11:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have here a GolD GPS, model GDGPS3.5''.
I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong are or the wrong forum even, but I don't know where else to look.

I'm trying to install a new Cardinale version, that is, the 3.0 Black. The device has, up until now, used the original SD card with an older IGo version. As mentioned, I'd like to update the maps and the software used to Cardinale, and since the original card is too small to do anything useful with it, I've bought a new one.

In order to install the new cardinale, I need to simply copy it to the card, load it with the device along with the maps and languages I need, and run it from the device, yes?

My problem is as follows - once I turn the device on, it gets stuck on the company splash screen. No errors, no Windows, no messages, just a splash screen and nothing loads. In order to run it, I would need it to load its system so I can navigate to the exe file, but I get nothing but a splash screen?

Could it be that the device is locked in such a way not to recognize anything beyond its original software? If so, how would I go about unlocking it? The device has Win CE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. doing some more checking, I found that it uses Nav N Go Igo from 2006, if this info is of any use.
Last edited by devolucija; 20th July 2009 at 11:45 AM.
20th July 2009, 12:12 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
I have now downloaded a new version of Nav N Go Igo and attempted to copy it to the new card. The device still refused to even begin loading.

I then backed up all the contents of the old SD, copied them exactly as they were to the new SD, and then tried loading, hoping to be able to still load the old software, but just add new maps to the now bigger SD.

It finally loaded it, but upon getting past the splash screen it sad "HardwareIDerror" and prompted me to shut down the device, not letting me do anything else.

It seems the device in locked to one and only one card, the original 256MB card that came with it, and refuses to accept others even if they have the identical content. Is there any way to unlock it and make it accept other cards without throwing the Hardware ID error?

P.S. another thing that might be of importance : whether the device works or not, I'm not presented with the WinCE interface. I have no start menu, no icons to click. All I get when the device is turned on properly, is the simple Nav N Go application, ready to go, without letting me choose anything else. I can't shut down the app alone and get back to WinCE, because I never was given access to WinCE.
Last edited by devolucija; 20th July 2009 at 01:04 PM.
23rd February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
about gdgps3.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by devolucija

I have now downloaded a new version of Nav N Go Igo and attempted to copy it to the new card. The device still refused to even begin loading.

I then backed up all the contents of the old SD, copied them exactly as they were to the new SD, and then tried loading, hoping to be able to still load the old software, but just add new maps to the now bigger SD.

It finally loaded it, but upon getting past the splash screen it sad "HardwareIDerror" and prompted me to shut down the device, not letting me do anything else.

It seems the device in locked to one and only one card, the original 256MB card that came with it, and refuses to accept others even if they have the identical content. Is there any way to unlock it and make it accept other cards without throwing the Hardware ID error?

P.S. another thing that might be of importance : whether the device works or not, I'm not presented with the WinCE interface. I have no start menu, no icons to click. All I get when the device is turned on properly, is the simple Nav N Go application, ready to go, without letting me choose anything else. I can't shut down the app alone and get back to WinCE, because I never was given access to WinCE.

Hi! About that gps you got problems with, i have one now same model and with the same problem. have you got any solution fot it? did you managed to get rid of that splash screen and enter in the WinCE? i am very curious .

I was doing a trick. when shutting down the igo program it gave me a screen and i was holding the screen tapped and creating a new folder. open the new folder and from there through the explore bar get into WinCE filesystem. After that remove the SDcard with iGO6 and put in the iGO8 map updated and open it manually from the system.

If you know any solution to get rid of this entire ritual please i would be gratefull if you would let me know

Respect!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cardinale, gold gps
Previous Thread Next Thread