Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] TWRP recovery

OP GiaV143

23rd February 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Can someone please confirm which twrp recovery works with the 4.4.2 update....I updated by flashing the tar.md5 file that was posted by freeza. Then I re rooted with no problem using cf auto root. I can't seem to figure out which twrp will work. I tried to flash one version but it just kept blinking on the team win symbol. I had to take the battery out and try again but no go. I was gonna try twrp 2.6.3.7 but I don't want to get into any problems seeing how I can't do a back up right now because I have stock recovery. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
23rd February 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #2  
blackcanopy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,861
 
2,562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaV143

Can someone please confirm which twrp recovery works with the 4.4.2 update....I updated by flashing the tar.md5 file that was posted by freeza. Then I re rooted with no problem using cf auto root. I can't seem to figure out which twrp will work. I tried to flash one version but it just kept blinking on the team win symbol. I had to take the battery out and try again but no go. I was gonna try twrp 2.6.3.7 but I don't want to get into any problems seeing how I can't do a back up right now because I have stock recovery. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Just make sure that the TWRP you are getting says it's for 4.4 BL. This one is the one in using and all seems well..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50550249

Please be sure to thank bigbiff for his contributions.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #3  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,917
 
6,164 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcanopy

Just make sure that the TWRP you are getting says it's for 4.4 BL. This one is the one in using and all seems well..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50550249

Please be sure to thank bigbiff for his contributions.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Most definitely. One of the most challenging tasks, forging recovery for a device and its corresponding operating system, providing the means for most of what we do, and yet likely the least glamorous.

Thank and pay the dev if you can.


Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
blackcanopy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,861
 
2,562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

Most definitely. One of the most challenging tasks, forging recovery for a device and its corresponding operating system, providing the means for most of what we do, and yet likely the least glamorous.

Thank and pay the dev if you can.


Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Very well said my friend. I'm sure it's even more challenging the fact that bigbiff doesn't even own A Note3, yet supports our addiction. To make such recoveries for a device in which he will gain no access speaks volumes to his character and selflessness. A true contributer/dev to so many devices this team is. Just outstanding!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to blackcanopy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes