5,594,221 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Solved) Wifi speed problem after KitKat update

Tip us?

cmdauria
Old
(Last edited by cmdauria; 23rd February 2014 at 12:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Default (Solved) Wifi speed problem after KitKat update

I am scratching my head of this one. Ever since I upgraded to KitKat my wifi speed has dropped to almost no existent. It was always rock solid on jellybean. Every other wireless device in my house is capable of normal download and upload speeds except my phone.

I am using freezas stockish rom if that helps. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Maybe try reflashing?

I'm on the NABD leak and wifi is working fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmdauria
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Maybe try reflashing?

I'm on the NABD leak and wifi is working fine.
Have you actually ran a speed test. I can connect and stay connected no problem. The speed is not good at all

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Yes speeds are fine for me. It's the same as it was on JB or CM11.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmdauria
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
I guess I will try and reflash and see what happens.

cmdauria
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Just because I received the answer deep in another thread, I wanted to post the solution here as well. The problem seems to be under settings, location, mode... If you are set to powersave, change it to any other mode and your speed will immediately come back to normal. I hope this info helps!

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
Just because I received the answer deep in another thread, I wanted to post the solution here as well. The problem seems to be under settings, location, mode... If you are set to powersave, change it to any other mode and your speed will immediately come back to normal. I hope this info helps!

I think the big remaining issue here is that it likes to switch back to Power Save on its own.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Update. I think the solution is to leave gps on all the time. Then it won't switch back to Power Saving. Kitkat changed some things with location. On my Nexus 5, my gps was always on by default. Luckily it doesn't seem like there's extra battery drain to go with it like we have in previous Android versions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmdauria
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
I think the big remaining issue here is that it likes to switch back to Power Save on its own.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Update. I think the solution is to leave gps on all the time. Then it won't switch back to Power Saving. Kitkat changed some things with location. On my Nexus 5, my gps was always on by default. Luckily it doesn't seem like there's extra battery drain to go with it like we have in previous Android versions.

You are correct... Leave gps on and problem solved!