Search This thread

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Hi everybody welcome to my tutorial about Flashing with Flashtool. This thread is for those who want to reflash their device back to Sony Stock. See below for last details about this thread and the last build by Sony.

Note: I DO NOT OWN THIS DEVICE ANYMORE. PICTURES ARE REMOVED FROM MY DROPBOX AND THUS NOT VISEBLE. FOR NOW JUST RELY ON THE EXPLANATION PLEASE. ANY QUESTION CAN BE ASKED HERE. I DO NOT RESPOND TO TECHMAIL!

Created: 23-02-2014
Updated: 05-07-2014
Latest Android build released by Sony: 12.1.A.1.205

Let's begin shall we.. We shall! :)

First you need to download the correct ftf file for your device/operator or needs. This can be done here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964 In there you can share and download firmware files in .ftf format..

You alsol need a program called Flashtool. You can download this here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users I also recommend you to read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095087 Microsoft has enhanced the security in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows won't install proper signed drivers.

When you are done with that you need to move your downloaded firmware file to the proper location for flashtool to be found:
C:\Flashtool\Firmwares

After that you are good to go, just remember the following:
  • Bootloader locked? If not you wont have BE2/OTA/PCC etc (for unlocking and relocking: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354721 )
  • I've made backups of my important files that are stored on my phone?
  • Battery at atleast 50%?
  • I have patience?
  • I got something to do meanwhile?
The last two things are very important :)

Let's get started:

1: Open Flashtool:
Screenshot%202014-02-23%2014.41.39.png

Flashtool(.exe) for 32Bits systems and Flashtool64(.exe) for 64Bits systems

2: Press the Lightningbolt picture and select Flashmode
2.png

This will give another screen.

3: Select the downloaded ftf. (In this case 2.254)
3.png

Make sure that all the wipes are checked and the others are unchecked. This is to prevent any bootloops or other problems after downgrading.

4: Press Flash and the next two lines will be added to the flashtool log
4.png

The files are being prepared and checked. Have a bit of patience please.

5: Turn off your phone and turn it back on into Flashmode
5.png

After this the process will start.

After flashing you can disconnect your phone and boot it up.

Via Flashtool you can also reset your system after. For example:
You are running the latest ExistenZe ROM from our beloved Niaboc79 and you want to go back to stock for a reason WITHOUT losing data! Just flash the last Stock ROM and untick the following boxes:
untick.png

Untick DATA and APPSLOG!! But keep CACHE to wipe the /cache (is the same as a wipe cache via CWM).

FAQ​

- My Phone wont stay into flashmode
> Turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back into flashmode

- Flashtool wont recognise my phone
> Make sure you have the proper drivers installed. See C://Flashtool/Drivers

- Flashing failed
> Problem depends on the error code given by Flashtool. Post the problem here and perhaps we can help

- Got a bootloop
> Reflash again

- Even after reflash I got into a bootloop
> Turn off your phone via the small button behind the batterycover and wait a few minutes. Then try again. If that doesnt work you need to flash again.

- Booting takes ages
> This is normal. The entire cache needs to be rebuild. Patience my dear..

- After flashing and booting my phone is laggy.
> Reboot device and wait a bit. The phone needs to fully reset and boot itself. Have some patience dear.

- Do I need to unlock my bootloader to use flashtool
> NO!

- Can I unlock my bootloader with flashtool?
> NO!

- Can I relock my bootloader with flashtool?
> Yes

Last edited:

eggerph

Apr 24, 2013
downgrade to root?

first, thanks! Very nice guide. I'm new to the experia world, my previous phone was a Desire S.

I have a question:
I have a problem with all stock roms with the mediaserver process. It is always running while I listen to music (which is a lot of time) and drains a lot of battery (up to 65%). Though I use poweramp player which is totally independent of the process (own library and decoder). On my Desire S on CM11 I don't have the issue this is why I want to move to a custom rom. I'm on 4.3 now (was hoping this would fix the issue) and want to root and full backup with keys for warranty purposes and then move to a custom rom.
Is it right that I have to downgrade first, since there is no root for 4.3 yet? If yes, what ROM? I have a C5303 and don't know what version I had previously. I bought it in Switzerland without SIMlock or any branding. Is there a way I can find out what my previous version was or can I basically just use any generic C5303 version?
Would you recommend 12.0.A.1.284 in order to be able to use DoomLords rootkit: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42701183#post42701183 ?
It's just that I don't know if I ever was on this version, also regarding warranty...

I know, many questions, but I just reached a point where I don't seem to get further without asking. Hope someone can clarify some of them.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And also I was wondering: In the picture says flashmode is reached by pressing the back button while connection, but there are softkeys. Is it not done with volume down?

Last edited:

azhar.munshi

Apr 11, 2011
+1 for a sticky!
Nice done!

after flashing done
i have to turn on phone & make usb debugging & unknown source option check
but whenever i am going to boot it again reboot after colour bootscreen
i had tried number of times flashing again & again

i am attaching my flashtool log file also

Azhar

Attachments

• flashtool_2014-02-21_03-29-11.doc
    3.9 KB · Views: 2,076

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
According to the log you attached everything went fine. So I dont understand the problem.
Perhaps an idea to redownload it? Sometimes it wont work properly because the ftf file is somewhat damaged..

Reactions: diolo

diolo

Oct 10, 2012
reflashig stock rom

Thanks for this nice guide. Im having a lot of issues with the 4.3 rom.
I flashed via SUS, editing build.prop to let the phone detect the new version, because my phone is carrier locked, and they didnt released the update yet.
I have a lot of lag, and I must force reset lots of times, so I want to make a clean install, because last time I only updated.
So my question is, if I do a factory reset, my build.prop is going to change to the original file (Orange's rom) or ill keep with my modified file? (Stock center Europe)
What do you recommend to me? If I reflash a stock European ftf via flashtool, I'll have the stock's build.prop, and I'll receive those Ota updates without problem?

Thanks for your work!

diolo

Oct 10, 2012
No if you have a TA backup you need to reflash your ROM and Restore TA partition

I don't have the backup, because my phone has the bootloader locked, and the only thing I have done is root and editing build.prop to be able to upgrade to European 4.3. Everything is working for me, track id and BE. (btw I have a backup of my build.prop in the computer)
I only want to do a fresh install of 4.3, not my carriers rom, because is on 4.1.2
So can I reflash any Stock 4.3 rom? The rom has it's own build.prop?
Thanks for your help Mrjraider

Reactions: rayanafshan

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
I don't have the backup, because my phone has the bootloader locked, and the only thing I have done is root and editing build.prop to be able to upgrade to European 4.3. Everything is working for me, track id and BE. (btw I have a backup of my build.prop in the computer)
I only want to do a fresh install of 4.3, not my carriers rom, because is on 4.1.2
So can I reflash any Stock 4.3 rom? The rom has it's own build.prop?
Thanks for your help Mrjraider

Yes you can. Simply download the ftf file and follow the steps in the OP ;)

Reactions: diolo

moulee27

Dec 31, 2005
Hi mrjraider,

Many thanks for the guide!
A quick question. I am now in 4.3, bootloader locked. If I downgrade to 4.1.2 (.254 for example) my bootloader is still locked, correct?
Thanks!

Schokonuss

Oct 27, 2013
Forst
I want to go back to stock from AOSP ROM and I don't know what's the right .ftf file for 12.1.A.0.266 but I think I know the right file for 12.0.A.2.254 (German branded C5303) (I'm from Germany ;) ). If I would flash the 12.0.A.2.254 .ftf file would the Update Center show me the 4.3 OTA update and everything would work like on stock before? And would I lose root even with Voodoo OTA RootKeeper and the option enabled to try keeping Superuser access in SuperSU?

Schokonuss

Oct 27, 2013
Forst
You need to look in the thread I linked to. There you can find many FTF files.

I know I already looked there but I'm not sure which one is right, because I didn't see a generic one for all C5303 and I don't want do have a foreign branding :D

Edit: found it, sorry :eek:

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia SP C5303

Last edited:

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
hey bro, am looking for Sony C5303_12.0.A.2​.254 tft generic global or CE version also UK version ,am unable to find them . I have being searching xda and a found a link that is broken,so please if any one can help.Thanks in advance.:fingers-crossed:

Do not ask for ftf files in here. There is a proper thread for this ;)
Normaly I would help but the chances of getting an older update is decreasing every day since the update of Sony has rolled out a few weeks ago :)

adelsonrms

Mar 5, 2014
Well done ! Rollback firmware 4.3 to 4.1

Hi guys ! thanks for guide. I got successfull revert my phone from update 266 to 254.

poccoyo

hi sir, i'm on .254 rooted and just want to go back to stock because i want to update it to 4.3, is it the safest way? if so, what will happen to my apps like greenify, Titanium backup, and those apps that was already transferred to sd card? should i have to uninstall these aps? does it have remaining unwiped data to be cleaned if flashing the stock rom?

thank you.. :)

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks!

Last night I tried to downgrade without knowing about this thread. It went into a bootloop like you said

Now I have just flash 254 based on your post - viola - it is loading even as I type...:good:

Mucha gracias, arigato, thank you, nandre, mercy...

Edit: don't know if it's just my phone or because I have not installed any third party apps - it is fast! Faster than 4.3. Some things are missing though, but I can live without them (say "auto brightness").

Now to root it...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody welcome to my tutorial about Flashing with Flashtool. This thread is for those who want to reflash their device back to Sony Stock. See below for last details about this thread and the last build by Sony.

Note: I DO NOT OWN THIS DEVICE ANYMORE. PICTURES ARE REMOVED FROM MY DROPBOX AND THUS NOT VISEBLE. FOR NOW JUST RELY ON THE EXPLANATION PLEASE. ANY QUESTION CAN BE ASKED HERE. I DO NOT RESPOND TO TECHMAIL!

Created: 23-02-2014
    Updated: 05-07-2014
    Latest Android build released by Sony: 12.1.A.1.205

Let's begin shall we.. We shall! :)

First you need to download the correct ftf file for your device/operator or needs. This can be done here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964 In there you can share and download firmware files in .ftf format..

You alsol need a program called Flashtool. You can download this here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746
    For Windows 8 and 8.1 users I also recommend you to read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095087 Microsoft has enhanced the security in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows won't install proper signed drivers.

When you are done with that you need to move your downloaded firmware file to the proper location for flashtool to be found:
    C:\Flashtool\Firmwares

After that you are good to go, just remember the following:
    • Bootloader locked? If not you wont have BE2/OTA/PCC etc (for unlocking and relocking: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2354721 )
    • I've made backups of my important files that are stored on my phone?
    • Battery at atleast 50%?
    • I have patience?
    • I got something to do meanwhile?
    The last two things are very important :)

Let's get started:

1: Open Flashtool:
    Screenshot%202014-02-23%2014.41.39.png

Flashtool(.exe) for 32Bits systems and Flashtool64(.exe) for 64Bits systems

2: Press the Lightningbolt picture and select Flashmode
    2.png

This will give another screen.

3: Select the downloaded ftf. (In this case 2.254)
    3.png

Make sure that all the wipes are checked and the others are unchecked. This is to prevent any bootloops or other problems after downgrading.

4: Press Flash and the next two lines will be added to the flashtool log
    4.png

The files are being prepared and checked. Have a bit of patience please.

5: Turn off your phone and turn it back on into Flashmode
    5.png

After this the process will start.

After flashing you can disconnect your phone and boot it up.

Via Flashtool you can also reset your system after. For example:
    You are running the latest ExistenZe ROM from our beloved Niaboc79 and you want to go back to stock for a reason WITHOUT losing data! Just flash the last Stock ROM and untick the following boxes:
    untick.png

Untick DATA and APPSLOG!! But keep CACHE to wipe the /cache (is the same as a wipe cache via CWM).

FAQ​

- My Phone wont stay into flashmode
    > Turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back into flashmode

- Flashtool wont recognise my phone
    > Make sure you have the proper drivers installed. See C://Flashtool/Drivers

- Flashing failed
    > Problem depends on the error code given by Flashtool. Post the problem here and perhaps we can help

- Got a bootloop
    > Reflash again

- Even after reflash I got into a bootloop
    > Turn off your phone via the small button behind the batterycover and wait a few minutes. Then try again. If that doesnt work you need to flash again.

- Booting takes ages
    > This is normal. The entire cache needs to be rebuild. Patience my dear..

- After flashing and booting my phone is laggy.
    > Reboot device and wait a bit. The phone needs to fully reset and boot itself. Have some patience dear.

- Do I need to unlock my bootloader to use flashtool
    > NO!

- Can I unlock my bootloader with flashtool?
    > NO!

- Can I relock my bootloader with flashtool?
    > Yes
    > Reserved by me :)
    To prevent issues YES...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk
    Dear all,

I have sony xperia sp C5303, I have twrp recovery installed and recently i installed stryflex v3.6 on this phone. The problem is the i have an unresponsive touch screen and i want to flash back to stock. I have used flashtool and xperifirm to download xperia sp c5303 uk vodafone firmware. The problem is I can't access USB debugging on this phone so it can allow me to flash back to stock. if i try accessing recovery then the touchscreen wont work at all. Do i need to access USB debugging on this phone to flash back to stock? Yes or No. I don't want to hardbrick this phone since i brought nearly a month ago. The bootloader is unlocked, I also have a backup TA partition on my computer. Can someone guide me through this setup because im unsure to either follow this instructions.

I appereciate if anyone can help me as soon as possible,

Many Thanks,
    Nandan

You dont need to have usb debugging checked, just turn your phone off , then in flashtool select the firmware you want to flash and when it promps you to do so just hold volume- and connect usb cable to the phone