FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Trick to save battery

638 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,163

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey all, I had been really dissatisfied with the battery of XSP, leaving it overnight from 90% it used to drain to 50% with all apps being turned off so there's finally a way which you can use so the battery doesn't drains out quick I tried it myself last night and from 87% battery when I saw in morning battery was 83%, awesome isn't it
Ok so here's what you have to do just add the line below in system/build.prop add it in bottom of build.prop enjoy

"ro.config.hw_power_saving=1"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuchRha For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th August 2013, 04:26 AM |#2  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 21

More
hmm, gonna test it tonight
6th August 2013, 05:06 AM |#3  
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 14,968

Donate to Me
More
Good one
But for me no battery draining issue while stamina mod on. Yesterday night i leave my phone with 34 % battery with stamina mod on while sleeping . In morning its 32 % ..
6th August 2013, 05:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
before i sleep, my phone's battery status is usually 20-25% and i charge the next morning before going to work. when i woke up, my phone doesn't drain a single percent at all, but sometimes the phone's battery status is reduced by 1%. just sharing.
6th August 2013, 11:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
build.prop
According to some one website, it should:

# allow to tear down mobile data connection when device is idle

I think you can achieve the same by stamina mode.. The question is, what is causing so much drain. Try to install BetterBatteryStats or similar app to find out the real reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to peters. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2013, 04:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peters.

According to some one website, it should:

# allow to tear down mobile data connection when device is idle

I think you can achieve the same by stamina mode.. The question is, what is causing so much drain. Try to install BetterBatteryStats or similar app to find out the real reason.

The phone ignores lines starting with # so no it shouldn't be. But the stamina mode probably does the same thing indeed

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
6th August 2013, 04:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Yes i know about the # lines, I just posted what does this settings actually influence. It shut downs mobile data while screen is off, which is achieved by stamina mode as well.

BTW, what else does stamina mode do? You can choose which apps will be active in the standby mode... in case i have email synchronization set to 30mins, an don't touch the phone for 2 hours, then it won't be synced? If I add it to stamina mode apps, it will be sync then?
6th August 2013, 09:22 PM |#8  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 52

More
battery while screen is off is perfect on my sp.. i dont know whats the matter with yours.. but the problem im facing is during a movie.. of approx 2 hours.. the battey level is 90% .. after two hours it drains to 20%.. with 50% brightness ... its kinda odd.. if you guys are feeling the same.. or not.. at least give me some advice on this!! i dont think this is normal for sp whose video play back is almost 7-8 hours!
7th August 2013, 12:01 AM |#9  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hash054

battery while screen is off is perfect on my sp.. i dont know whats the matter with yours.. but the problem im facing is during a movie.. of approx 2 hours.. the battey level is 90% .. after two hours it drains to 20%.. with 50% brightness ... its kinda odd.. if you guys are feeling the same.. or not.. at least give me some advice on this!! i dont think this is normal for sp whose video play back is almost 7-8 hours!

m not facing such an issue.....the other day i watched 2 hollywood movies both approx 1hr 45 mins+ with full brightness on MX player and from 90% the bettery went down to approx 30% so that was like 60% drain on full brightness for 3hrs+ movie
7th August 2013, 04:24 AM |#10  
I know there isn't much problem of battery with stamina mode on, but even while stamina mode is off or watching videos, playing games it still saves a lot of battery from being drained!
The Following User Says Thank You to RuchRha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2013, 04:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Greenify + Stamina Mod = perfect battery :thumbup:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to khelwani For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread