FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[GUIDE] How to: Install CM10.2 on LOCKED bootloader [Xperia SP]

2,639 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,730

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Disclaimer:
I am not to be held responsible for any actions that you take by following this guide that result in harm to your device. Sony devices are almost impossible to brick.

pre-requirements:
You're going to need the following things:
Flashtool
CWM Xperia SP Package
.266 4.3 kernel
.257 firmware
DooMLoRD easy rooting toolkit
CyanogenMod 10.2 Package & gapps

Step 1:

extract Flashtool, place the .257 firmware file in the firmwares folder and then run flashtool, flash the .257 firmware. This process could take 5-10 minutes.

To do this, click the electric bolt symbol in FlashTool, and select Flashmode, select .257 and then when the prompt says to connect your device in flashmode, power off your phone and holding volume down, plug your phone into the computer. This will then flash the files.
Turn your phone back on and enable USB debugging in android development settings.

Step 2:

Extract DooMLoRD's easy rooting toolkit and make sure that you have your phone connected and adb is enabled, while the phone is powered on run the script and this will then root your phone, do this by double clicking runme_win.bat, your phone will reboot in this process and it will be rooted.

Step 3:

Time to install a custom recovery, unpack the CWM Xperia SP package listed above. Make sure your phone is still turned on and in adb mode (USB debugging enabled) and then run install.bat from the package. You will need to accept a superuser request prompt on your phone meaning that you will need your phone screen on. Recovery is now installed.

Step 4:

Copy the CyanogenMod 10.2 package & google apps package to your phone, reboot into clockwork recovery by pressing the volume UP button once when you see the blue LED light up and feel a short vibration while your phone is booting. In CWM choose factory reset, and then install the two files we put on your phone using install zip from sd card option. Use volume rockers to navigate and power button to select options. Make sure you install CM zip then Google apps zip

Step 5:

After installing the ROM, power off your device in CWM and then connect your device in FlashMode again (hold vol down while plugging into computer) and then flash the .266 kernel only file. Reboot your phone.

Step 6:

Enjoy! You now have CyanogenMod and CWM installed on your phone, even with a locked bootloader. Recovery is now accessed with volume down.

I appreciate thanks greatly, and any issues I can help with and you can discuss them in this thread. I hope I have helped.

KeiranFTW
Last edited by KeiranFTW; 13th March 2014 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to KeiranFTW For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th March 2014, 09:31 PM |#2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 20

More
awesome
10th March 2014, 09:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,218

More
That. It's one good guide that anybody can follow. Just one question. Will this rom be as stable as normal cm, will it be full cm or just a stripped down version

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 09:46 PM |#4  
Flag Chennai

More
can this rom be flashed on ROOTED device running 4.3
10th March 2014, 11:33 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaisugly

That. It's one good guide that anybody can follow. Just one question. Will this rom be as stable as normal cm, will it be full cm or just a stripped down version

I don't see why it can't be as stable as normal CM.. The only thing that isn't working at the moment is GPS, everything else to be honest it runs smoother than stock.

I'm going to work on getting AOKP to work if they have a compilable 4.3 branch. I'm also going to try and encourage ROM devs to add locked bootloader support and I shall show them how

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchetan2

can this rom be flashed on ROOTED device running 4.3

Just follow the steps, if you have CWM installed on your XSP with 4.3 already all you need to do is flash the ROM in CWM nothing else..

I posted method for 4.1.2 because I'm presuming the user does not have root, and this is only rootable firmware.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KeiranFTW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 12:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Awesome job to able get this rom on my lock xperia sp bro. And also am looking forward from you ,that you will bring other roms on my lock xperia sp which is the best phone ever.
11th March 2014, 01:06 AM |#7  
Flag Lublin
Thanks Meter: 26

More
To have root on CM I need to flash SuFix as in existenz?
11th March 2014, 01:09 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,218

More
I have never used cm roms before...when the gps. Is fixed I will try rhis out,sadly I use gps alot due to work and driving into towns I don't know etc...

(Q) Due to limited space on sp can we use apps like link2sd and foldermount.

Or does the scripts not run.

Last edited by zolaisugly; 11th March 2014 at 01:20 AM.
11th March 2014, 02:14 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon6002

To have root on CM I need to flash SuFix as in existenz?

Nope, su binary is included and root is already in the ROM.
CyanogenMod also features its own root permissions app (Settings -> Superuser) so you dont even need to install supersu or any equivalent, it works out the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaisugly

I have never used cm roms before...when the gps. Is fixed I will try rhis out,sadly I use gps alot due to work and driving into towns I don't know etc...

(Q) Due to limited space on sp can we use apps like link2sd and foldermount.

Or does the scripts not run.

Theoretically yeah, these scripts should run. I will look into it soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KeiranFTW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 02:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I had just posted a thank-you in another thread for the same - outstanding work. A big thank-you from one who prefer not to touch the BL
And thanks for the lucid instructions. Will download the stuff when I am off work.
11th March 2014, 12:10 PM |#11  
Flag Chennai

More
yeah i did it succesfully ..need to wipe data and factory reset .then install the rom and gapps....... thank you a lot
Last edited by pchetan2; 11th March 2014 at 03:52 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10.2, cyanogenmod 10, install cyanogenmod, locked bootloader, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)