XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bookmarks Help

Tip us?

Caz42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Bookmarks Help

Can anyone tell me if there is a faster way to get to my bookmarks please? At the moment to get to them I have to click on the Google bar at top of my home screen, press back to exit my keyboard, press the little options button at the bottom, click on 'help' , then click on the options button at the top of this screen and then click on bookmarks .......what a palaver

Surely there is a faster way, is it possible to put a shortcut to my bookmarks on my home screen? Thanks for help guys

Durteedee
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You can make a widget for them

sent from my lady's MOTO G
Using Tapatalk

Caz42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee View Post
You can make a widget for them

Thanks but I don't know how to do that, can you explain please?

Durteedee
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Long press a blank spot on your home screen and this should come up push widgets and this should show up long press the widget you need drag it to where you want it. You can also try sslauncher but its a tad bit advanced

Using Tapatalk

AluKed
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz42 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a faster way to get to my bookmarks please? At the moment to get to them I have to click on the Google bar at top of my home screen, press back to exit my keyboard, press the little options button at the bottom, click on 'help'
That's a hell of a way to get to the browser. As an alternative, you can try tapping the Chrome icon.

Quote:
then click on the options button at the top of this screen and then click on bookmarks
Or you can just tap the little star at the bottom.

Quote:
Surely there is a faster way, is it possible to put a shortcut to my bookmarks on my home screen? Thanks for help guys
As explained, you can add a widget with bookmarks.

Caz42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AluKed View Post
That's a hell of a way to get to the browser. As an alternative, you can try tapping the Chrome icon.

Or you can just tap the little star at the bottom.

As explained, you can add a widget with bookmarks.
Ah, that's better, easy when you know how isn't it lol Thanks AluKed

Caz42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee View Post
I don't get that screen when I long press on my home screen Durt, I get options on where to choose wallpaper from??

However, I can go into apps, then widgets, then add the little bookmark widget to my homescreen. It then asks me which bookmark I want to choose and just changes the widget to that bookmark. It won't let me add all my bookmarks so they are all in that widget. I'm rubbish with technology lol

AluKed
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
However, I can go into apps, then widgets, then add the little bookmark widget to my homescreen. It then asks me which bookmark I want to choose and just changes the widget to that bookmark. It won't let me add all my bookmarks so they are all in that widget. I'm rubbish with technology lol
There's another widget, called Bookmarks (with an S), that shows all your bookmarks in a scrollable way.