FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Root for 4.3

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By DanielGuta, Junior Member on 23rd February 2014, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
when you think that it could be possible to root our Xperia T with 4.3 update?
 
 
23rd February 2014, 04:14 PM |#2  
matt4321's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
Donate to Me
More
Downgrade to 4.1, root, upgrade with root to 4.3, this is the best way currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a direct root method for 4.3 since we can do what I said above
23rd February 2014, 05:27 PM |#3  
nlooooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 655
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4321

Downgrade to 4.1, root, upgrade with root to 4.3, this is the best way currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a direct root method for 4.3 since we can do what I said above

That's the method if bootloader is unlocked, there's a few of us not willing to unlock it yet.
23rd February 2014, 06:09 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Use flashtool to roll back to 4.1.2, doomlord's rooting technique for rooting that firmware, jump to the development forum to grab the touch recovery by peetr, and then use darklord's deodexed stuff to get rooted 295 - did it today and the steps are relatively well mapped out for you - I can vouch that it works for locked bootloaders on stock firmware
23rd February 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
VitorMSA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Męda - Guarda
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepershades

Use flashtool to roll back to 4.1.2, doomlord's rooting technique for rooting that firmware, jump to the development forum to grab the touch recovery by peetr, and then use darklord's deodexed stuff to get rooted 295 - did it today and the steps are relatively well mapped out for you - I can vouch that it works for locked bootloaders on stock firmware

I got root following darklord method with locked bootloader. :thumbup:
Last edited by VitorMSA; 23rd February 2014 at 10:23 PM.
23rd February 2014, 07:46 PM |#6  
matt4321's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo

That's the method if bootloader is unlocked, there's a few of us not willing to unlock it yet.

you can downgrade with an ftf, I'm a non-unlockable bootloader so know the stuff.
23rd February 2014, 07:53 PM |#7  
nlooooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 655
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4321

you can downgrade with an ftf, I'm a non-unlockable bootloader so know the stuff.

Yes, you can downgrade, but you can't upgrade using Sony Update or Companion, you can flash rooted rom via recovery. If you upgrade with Sony tool you'll loose root.
23rd February 2014, 07:57 PM |#8  
matt4321's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,725
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo

Yes, you can downgrade, but you can't upgrade using Sony Update or Companion, you can flash rooted rom via recovery. If you upgrade with Sony tool you'll loose root.

Yeah, so obviously when I say downgrade and root, I then mean you can have the intention of flashing one of the stock rooted 4.3 ROMs
23rd February 2014, 09:25 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo

That's the method if bootloader is unlocked, there's a few of us not willing to unlock it yet.

I did it on lock bootloader ton of times
23rd February 2014, 10:21 PM |#10  
nlooooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 655
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett562

I did it on lock bootloader ton of times

What, rooting fresh installed 4.3, not flashing 4.3 custom rom?
24th February 2014, 01:35 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I have locked bootloader, I only went back to 4.1.2 with flashtools, then installed root and CWM, after that flashed Dark Lord's 4.3 stock (the Bond one) and the SuperSU zip in recovery.
Everything running correctly.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes