Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooting 4.3 w/ locked bootloader

Tip us?

zhane0513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] rooting 4.3 w/ locked bootloader

so iflashed .534 firmware ang root using vroot then i update .290 via OTA, now the root is gone. my bootloader is locked.
im kinda nervous rooting 4.3 cause im reading lots of people hard bricking their phone on 4.3. is it really safe to root 4.3? i will be followibg this tutorial:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572988

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Hard bricking happen when you do something stupid. Also in general there is a Thread How NOT Brick your Phone. Anyway, to get root you have to downgrade again to .534, I recommend to root with Bin4ry, then update directly to .136 with instructions given by NUT Here. You cannot keep root updating system via OTA, you will lose everything.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zhane0513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
clicked Thanks

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more