Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Red face [Q] Facebook Not Syncing Contacts (KitKat)

OP androiddude81

21st February 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
To start I would like to say search within this forum was down for me, so sorry if this has been answered already.

After the update to 3.11.605.1 I lost my facebook contacts and the HTC Sense Facebook app is not syncing them. I don't get any errors, my contacts for facebook just sit at 0. I am S-Off TWRP stock rooted.

I do use Appops and previously disallowed the Facebook app to touch my location and contact info, but didn't inhibit the HTC sense facebook app. Since then I turned on those capabilities, uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook app, and removed the facebook account from sense and added it back on.

Blink feed updates the news feed just fine, and the calendar syncs birthday and events just fine, but no contacts.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind this eventually did sync on it's own. Or maybe something I did above fixed the issue....
Last edited by androiddude81; 21st February 2014 at 07:16 PM.
23rd February 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

84 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddude81

To start I would like to say search within this forum was down for me, so sorry if this has been answered already.

After the update to 3.11.605.1 I lost my facebook contacts and the HTC Sense Facebook app is not syncing them. I don't get any errors, my contacts for facebook just sit at 0. I am S-Off TWRP stock rooted.

I do use Appops and previously disallowed the Facebook app to touch my location and contact info, but didn't inhibit the HTC sense facebook app. Since then I turned on those capabilities, uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook app, and removed the facebook account from sense and added it back on.

Blink feed updates the news feed just fine, and the calendar syncs birthday and events just fine, but no contacts.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind this eventually did sync on it's own. Or maybe something I did above fixed the issue....

In case it do not sync for anyone than one have to use ubersync from android market to do that. It was removed due to some facebook policy change
24th February 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 58

341 posts
More
did you try going to settings/accounts&sync/facebook and make sure contacts are selected? my .02
24th February 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

did you try going to settings/accounts&sync/facebook and make sure contacts are selected? my .02

Yea, that was off by default, but I turned it on. My contacts still didn't sync until that night/next day.

But it's all good now. thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, facebook, kitkat 4.4.2, sense 5.5, sync
Previous Thread Next Thread