5,600,571 Members 33,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Facebook Not Syncing Contacts (KitKat)

Tip us?

androiddude81
Old
(Last edited by androiddude81; 21st February 2014 at 07:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Red face [Q] Facebook Not Syncing Contacts (KitKat)

To start I would like to say search within this forum was down for me, so sorry if this has been answered already.

After the update to 3.11.605.1 I lost my facebook contacts and the HTC Sense Facebook app is not syncing them. I don't get any errors, my contacts for facebook just sit at 0. I am S-Off TWRP stock rooted.

I do use Appops and previously disallowed the Facebook app to touch my location and contact info, but didn't inhibit the HTC sense facebook app. Since then I turned on those capabilities, uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook app, and removed the facebook account from sense and added it back on.

Blink feed updates the news feed just fine, and the calendar syncs birthday and events just fine, but no contacts.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind this eventually did sync on it's own. Or maybe something I did above fixed the issue....

desiwizard
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddude81 View Post
To start I would like to say search within this forum was down for me, so sorry if this has been answered already.

After the update to 3.11.605.1 I lost my facebook contacts and the HTC Sense Facebook app is not syncing them. I don't get any errors, my contacts for facebook just sit at 0. I am S-Off TWRP stock rooted.

I do use Appops and previously disallowed the Facebook app to touch my location and contact info, but didn't inhibit the HTC sense facebook app. Since then I turned on those capabilities, uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook app, and removed the facebook account from sense and added it back on.

Blink feed updates the news feed just fine, and the calendar syncs birthday and events just fine, but no contacts.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind this eventually did sync on it's own. Or maybe something I did above fixed the issue....
In case it do not sync for anyone than one have to use ubersync from android market to do that. It was removed due to some facebook policy change

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 33
did you try going to settings/accounts&sync/facebook and make sure contacts are selected? my .02
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.

androiddude81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
did you try going to settings/accounts&sync/facebook and make sure contacts are selected? my .02
Yea, that was off by default, but I turned it on. My contacts still didn't sync until that night/next day.

But it's all good now. thanks for the reply.
Tags
contacts, facebook, kitkat 4.4.2, sense 5.5, sync