Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

lokiwizMSL 0.3 - Lokiwiz's Back, now working with SPL 2.x

Tip us?

moghisi101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
LOL. You are right. But I never unlocked it. It's brand new....

I thought o2 locked their XDA Mini S?

Anyway, should we expect to see CID Unlocking for SPL 2.xxx?

Thanks
Qtek 2020i
XDA Mini S
Orange SPV M5000

machinagod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I have a solution for the CID unlocking... But I've toasted 2 devices with it already... So I'm not releasing it.

Another thing is that CID unlocking isn't really necessary. The only case it really is important is the SPL changing, and most of the cooked ROM's don't need a new SPL.

Bye,
Ricardo

wlinsong
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 0
but ROMUpdateUtility_noid(Ver:2.5.2) don't support the Prophet ROM that cooked by typho5.exe(Ver:1.0.0.0) and nb2nbf_tornado(Ver:2.2.0.0)

andrew_sh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinagod
I have a solution for the CID unlocking... But I've toasted 2 devices with it already... So I'm not releasing it.

Another thing is that CID unlocking isn't really necessary. The only case it really is important is the SPL changing, and most of the cooked ROM's don't need a new SPL.

Bye,
Ricardo
Thanks for your work, but CID unlocking is important for the prophet users because we are only able to upgrade, not downgrade. So if someone installs the latest version of Dopod ROM and wants to go back to an iMate ROM, it is not possible.

Thanks for your efforts

machinagod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Two things:

I've said it 2 times already, this is the last.

The only part of the ROM upgrade that is protected against downgrade is the SPL and the IPL. The rest is unprotected. A specially cooked rom should do it...

2nd:
The ROM updater I attach to this message should work with the cooked roms.

Bye,
Ricardo
Attached Files
File Type: exe newromupdateutility_wizard_noid.exe - [Click for QR Code] (1.14 MB, 5332 views)

onesolo
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_sh
Quote:

Bye,
Ricardo
Thanks for your work, but CID unlocking is important for the prophet users because we are only able to upgrade, not downgrade. So if someone installs the latest version of Dopod ROM and wants to go back to an iMate ROM, it is not possible.

Thanks for your efforts
Hmm, with the modified ROMUpdateUtility.exe to ignor the vendor, can't you downgrade too??

Quote:

Bye,
Ricardo
Hmm, but are you going to try to finish the CID unlocking ?? Your tool is great cause one can return to a previous CID state.

sonystyle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default You are the man!

It's work perfectly sim unlocked on a Cingular 8125, I can now use T-mobile or oversea sim card with it. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

summiter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Bye,
Ricardo
Howdy machinagod - I've got access to a AKU2.2 device and need to dump the IPL and SPL. (already grabbed the OS, radio, and ext ROM with awizard). Any advice you can give me on getting the IPL/SPL dumped? It's CID locked and r2sd gives a perm error.

Gracias amigo!
BONK!
------------------------------------------------------
Kevin Mayeux
kmayeux AT hotmail.com
http://www.professorpyle-roseville.com

andrew_sh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
A specially cooked rom should do it...
Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=48965
Noone knows how to cook a rom for this puprose.
I have had experience cooking roms with your tools but I need some pointers.
Do I have to change only the headers? Do I have to delete the bootloader from the nk.nbf?
Thanks
Andrew

foony
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have big problem with MDA vario Tmobile Slovak. I can not unlock it. I used lokiwiz 2a, lokiviz 3b but still no succes. I downgraded the room to CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE, and other rooms too, but after starting lokwiz, program is waiting (i do not know for what)

www.foony.mscnet.sk/vario.jpg
www.foony.mscnet.sk/vario1.jpg

how long does it take the unlock process?
any advice please to unlock it?
I have active sync 42.

thanks
Foony
----------------
www.simlock.sk