Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How do you root Kindle Fire HD 7.4.8?

OP Questionar

23rd February 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I've tried kffa and the newest binary and neither of them worked, they didn't even recognize my device was plugged in.
Thanks for helping! (That's if I get helped)
23rd February 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
That means your drivers aren't installed or you didn't enable USB debugging... Check your kindles security settings and see if USB debugging is on, if not turn it on. Then check your device manager for a device with a yellow triangle next to it, once you see it download my drivers from my signature and extract them somewhere, right click the device with a triangle, hit update drivers then point it to where you extracted mine.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Last edited by stunts513; 23rd February 2014 at 08:54 PM.
23rd February 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I'll try your driver.
23rd February 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Forgot to mention, if you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first. If this applies to you then look it up on Google, I Don,t know the exact process offhand, just the gist of it.

23rd February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Forgot to mention, if you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first. If this applies to you then look it up on Google, I Don,t know the exact process offhand, just the gist of it.

It says that the best driver for it has already been installed and I tried uninstalling it and everything, but it doesn't seem to want to install.
23rd February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

Ok, I got it to install but they still don't reconize my device.
24th February 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
So now there's a android adb connection in the device manager right? I forget the exact name as I use Linux and don't have to worry about driver issues. Try this, find the folder in binaries foot where adb is, right click that folder while holding shift and hit "open new command promoted here", once that is up, type "adb devices" and see if it lists a device, its usually reports back what I think is your serial number then says device. Tell me if it says that or if there's nothing listed.

24th February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

So now there's a android adb connection in the device manager right? I forget the exact name as I use Linux and don't have to worry about driver issues. Try this, find the folder in binaries foot where adb is, right click that folder while holding shift and hit "open new command promoted here", once that is up, type "adb devices" and see if it lists a device, its usually reports back what I think is your serial number then says device. Tell me if it says that or if there's nothing listed.

*In a shameful voice* I forgot to unzip the binary file, my file manager would run RunMe.bat without having to unzip it.
25th February 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #9  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionar

I've tried kffa and the newest binary and neither of them worked, they didn't even recognize my device was plugged in.
Thanks for helping! (That's if I get helped)

Can I ask you something?, how you are rooting your device? You are downgrading the firmware through the KFFA? and then applying the root patch?

Sorry if this a stupid question, I'm new at this and I have lots of questions

Thanks in advance
25th February 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockD

Can I ask you something?, how you are rooting your device? You are downgrading the firmware through the KFFA? and then applying the root patch?

Sorry if this a stupid question, I'm new at this and I have lots of questions

Thanks in advance

You can root it the same way you usally do. You don't have to downgrade anything.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread