Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you root Kindle Fire HD 7.4.8?

Tip us?
 
Questionar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Unhappy [Q] How do you root Kindle Fire HD 7.4.8?

I've tried kffa and the newest binary and neither of them worked, they didn't even recognize my device was plugged in.
Thanks for helping! (That's if I get helped)
 
stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 23rd February 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
#2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603
Posts: 2,186
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
That means your drivers aren't installed or you didn't enable USB debugging... Check your kindles security settings and see if USB debugging is on, if not turn it on. Then check your device manager for a device with a yellow triangle next to it, once you see it download my drivers from my signature and extract them somewhere, right click the device with a triangle, hit update drivers then point it to where you extracted mine.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
Questionar
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
I'll try your driver.
 
stunts513
Old
#4  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603
Posts: 2,186
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Forgot to mention, if you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first. If this applies to you then look it up on Google, I Don,t know the exact process offhand, just the gist of it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
Questionar
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Forgot to mention, if you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first. If this applies to you then look it up on Google, I Don,t know the exact process offhand, just the gist of it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
It says that the best driver for it has already been installed and I tried uninstalling it and everything, but it doesn't seem to want to install.
 
Questionar
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Forgot to mention, if you are on windows 8 you will have to disable driver signature enforcement first. If this applies to you then look it up on Google, I Don,t know the exact process offhand, just the gist of it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Ok, I got it to install but they still don't reconize my device.
 
stunts513
Old
#7  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603
Posts: 2,186
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
So now there's a android adb connection in the device manager right? I forget the exact name as I use Linux and don't have to worry about driver issues. Try this, find the folder in binaries foot where adb is, right click that folder while holding shift and hit "open new command promoted here", once that is up, type "adb devices" and see if it lists a device, its usually reports back what I think is your serial number then says device. Tell me if it says that or if there's nothing listed.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
Questionar
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
So now there's a android adb connection in the device manager right? I forget the exact name as I use Linux and don't have to worry about driver issues. Try this, find the folder in binaries foot where adb is, right click that folder while holding shift and hit "open new command promoted here", once that is up, type "adb devices" and see if it lists a device, its usually reports back what I think is your serial number then says device. Tell me if it says that or if there's nothing listed.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
*In a shameful voice* I forgot to unzip the binary file, my file manager would run RunMe.bat without having to unzip it.
 
RockD
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionar View Post
I've tried kffa and the newest binary and neither of them worked, they didn't even recognize my device was plugged in.
Thanks for helping! (That's if I get helped)
Can I ask you something?, how you are rooting your device? You are downgrading the firmware through the KFFA? and then applying the root patch?

Sorry if this a stupid question, I'm new at this and I have lots of questions

Thanks in advance
 
Questionar
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockD View Post
Can I ask you something?, how you are rooting your device? You are downgrading the firmware through the KFFA? and then applying the root patch?

Sorry if this a stupid question, I'm new at this and I have lots of questions

Thanks in advance
You can root it the same way you usally do. You don't have to downgrade anything.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more