ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any stable rom for desire ?

OP Mastermindsaifee

23rd February 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 18

96 posts
More
Tried all the avilable roms avilable here for desire , but non of them works perfectly fine, Some roms managed to run smoothly but for just some days and then it becomes to crash and crash, then I have to reflash them or struggling to find another rom, may that runs smoothly,

Plz anyone tell me which rom to use as a daily driver , I compromise on camera and video recorder , but it should rum smoothly, m fed up to change roms again and again , and setting up my phone from 0 again .....

Currently using Beanstalk Release 2

Regards,

Regards ,

BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27
Aug 10 2010
23rd February 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,126

4,400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pretty much all gingerbread roms should be almost 100% stable.
My beanstalk build isnt too bad either. It all depends on how you define stable.
23rd February 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 609

1,406 posts
More
If you have tried ALL of the available ROMs here not sure what else we can suggest...or do you to want list to the ones you have actually tried so we don't go round in circles

Nobody can tell you exactly which ROM is best for you, but there are plenty of stable ones.

Generally better to stick to gingerbread ones if you want stability.

Make sure you partition your sdcard properly using gparted or 4ext recovery (not minitool or clockworkmod recovery) for a2sd
25th February 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
I'm currently using Beanstalk Release 2, without any problem, except the video recording which doesn't work: camera seems to work, but does not generate any video file.
To send or receive MMS, I have replaced SMS/MMS by chompSMS which works well.
The Wifi Hotspot also works when using the posted fix. It would be nice to include this fix in the next release !

It would also be nice if Chromium could have a look at the video problem !
Last edited by rombsath; 25th February 2014 at 10:54 AM.
25th February 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 79

145 posts
Maybe try some of Mildwild roms, all they are on gingerbread but everything work fine and smooth

Wysłane z mojego Incredible S za pomocą Tapatalk 2
25th February 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Are you sure it isn't some particular app that's causing the crashes as you have tried all the ROMs? If not then card issue - quality or format as already stated above, or your phone is starting to fail - it does happen.

I have found many ROMs to be unstable, but as already stated above, the GB ROMS should pretty much all work as designed.
Cool droid and cm 8 JG stable have full backups resident on my card ready for quick recovery from other builds. When it all goes wrong i go back to one of these.

CM 8 JG stable has some extra features but occasional brief stalls and some things don't do quite what they say, probably due to options being in more than one place.

Cool droid one the most stable outside of an original build with ample space for apps.. .

Had a quick go with beanstalk and well impressed for an early build despite no stand alone calender.

Most others tried and discarded, mainly due to not supporting the early ROMs stand alone calender (must ask that question) or silly things like no contacts selection from create msg (How TF can folk leave that out) before I even get to stability issues.

After ensuring card is good quality and formatted correctly, I would strongly suggest OP look at running a build with only critical requirement stuff installed, Then add one more app at a time and use for a day or two and see when it fails.

addendum
I have seen some of the devs state that older recoverys may be causing some issues with certain ROMS. - Worth looking at.
Last edited by Robcr; 26th February 2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added clarity to waffle
25th February 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #7  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psone1

Maybe try some of Mildwild roms, all they are on gingerbread but everything work fine and smooth

Are these roms based on Kitkat 4.4.2 ?
25th February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 609

1,406 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rombsath

Are these roms based on Kitkat 4.4.2 ?

The post you just quoted...read it again;

Quote:
Originally Posted by psone1

they are on gingerbread

25th February 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 79

145 posts
Any KitKat, Jellybean, even Ics Rom not working 100% correctly because we don't have Kernel 3.0 and higher on Desire. No Kernel= no good working Rom

25th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
I guess one has to just forget video recording.. then there are many roms which work great for day to day.. Just remember..not to install too many apps.. it will slow down the device sooner or later. the RAM on desire simply not enough.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread