Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle fire stuck in stock boot screen.

Tip us?
 
PkerFrailey
Old
(Last edited by PkerFrailey; 23rd February 2014 at 09:04 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Kindle fire stuck in stock boot screen.

I have followed this but when it says boot status, mine keeps saying unknown.

I will give feed back on any suggestions.
thanks
 
jma9454
Old
#2  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 609
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkerFrailey View Post
I have followed this but when it says boot status, mine keeps saying unknown.

I will give feed back on any suggestions.
thanks
So what have you done? It doesn't list options to switch into recovery mode when you reboot?
What commands from the thread you have have you tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2
 
PkerFrailey
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454 View Post
So what have you done? It doesn't list options to switch into recovery mode when you reboot?
What commands from the thread you have have you tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
When I launch KFU it say ADB is online, but doesn't recognize the boot status when I plug in the kindle.
 
jma9454
Old
#4  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 609
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2
 
PkerFrailey
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454 View Post
From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No, my computer doesn't recognize the kindle. and the kindle just flashes on the "Kindle Fire" boot screen logo.
 
jma9454
Old
#6  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 609
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
OK, I would definitely go with a reinstall of the drivers then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2
 
PkerFrailey
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454 View Post
OK, I would definitely go with a reinstall of the drivers then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
where can I find the drivers?
 
jma9454
Old
#8  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 609
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2
 
PkerFrailey
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454 View Post
Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It doesn't show my kindle, I tested to see if it was the cable, but it shows my lg g2 when I plug that in but not the kindle.
 
jma9454
Old
#10  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 609
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
So have the device manager open before you plug in the kindle. Then plug the kindle in. Something should change, and your kindle should show up as a kindle, an android adb device, an unrecognized device, or something else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more