Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] Home button in SView on 4.4.2

OP Silberpfeil3110

23rd February 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wiener Neustadt
Thanks Meter: 90

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.
23rd February 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,468 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberpfeil3110

Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.

Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....
24th February 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wiener Neustadt

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....

My ROM supports the genuine Samsung torch, that is enabled with VolUp, no Mod needed. This Mod doesn't change the behavior of the buttons at all, so there must be another way. And I am looking around for it since a while now, because it annoys me to not be able to use the full functionality of my cover.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
Having The same issues with the spigen s-view cover and it is most annoying
12th March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

81 posts
+1, did anyone find a solution?
21st March 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
Same problem here. Also Galaxy S4 (not SII as my sig says..) with Spigen Armor View in combination with 4.4.2. Anybody got a olution yet?
Last edited by eldering; 21st March 2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Wrong signature
21st March 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wiener Neustadt

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's a pity that Samsung always changes the running system. Maybe some users complained about false wakeups because of pushing the button through the cover. Samsung neverminds about third party accessoires.

We have to encounter, where the hardware button lock is triggered or maybe port the old SView apk to KK. But just too little knowledge about that on my side.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
No luck with this anyone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 21

933 posts
More
having the same issue. it drives me insane so much so that im debating rolling back to 4.2
29th March 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #10  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 146

1,169 posts
More
This was one thing I noticed straight after I upgraded to KitKat, I have the official s view cover and I used the home button all the time to wake my phone up as it's just easier and I could do it with one hand. Now since Its been disabled I have use lock button which is just a pain in the arse! Also when on a phone call with s view cover closed I have to press the luck button, not big issues but I hate it when things get changed for no reason!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, cover, home, sview, view
Previous Thread Next Thread