Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Home button in SView on 4.4.2

Tip us?

Silberpfeil3110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Home button in SView on 4.4.2

Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.
Phone history:
D-Netz > Siemens MT50 > Nokia 3120 > Motorola RAZR V3 > Motorola RAZR V3i > Nokia N73 > Nokia 6280 > SonyEricsson P900i > HTC Touch (joining XDA-Devs with that phone) > SonyEricsson P910i > SonyEricsson W350i > Nokia 5610i XpressMusic > Nokia N73 > SonyEricsson W350i FalcoEdition > Sony Ericsson W715i > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10i > SonyEricsson Aino U1i > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > HTC Desire HD > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Note I > SGN II > Samsung Galaxy Note III

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberpfeil3110 View Post
Hello,
I already started to solve my problem in the SView-Mod-Thread, but before I spam it with too much off-topic, I created a thread in the right place.

The problem ist self-explaining, since the update to KitKat and UENB ROM, SView is working properly for the genuine SView-Cover. I am using the Spigen S View Cover and this cover has a home button, in detail it has a lay-in in the front cover to push the home button of the phone. On 4.3 it was possible to wake up the device with the home button, also it was possible to activate the torch by pushing the VolUp button. On 4.4 it is neither possible to wake up the device with the homebutton nor activate the torch.

It seems that some users have the possibility to use the buttons, but no one can explain what they did or what the reason is. So anyone, who could give some advice, how it is possible to reactivate the buttons in closed mode?

THanks in advance.
Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

Silberpfeil3110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Xposed framework... Allows the use of torch using volume buttons when screen is off.
Not sure if the "home button" is supported by the sview case mod....
My ROM supports the genuine Samsung torch, that is enabled with VolUp, no Mod needed. This Mod doesn't change the behavior of the buttons at all, so there must be another way. And I am looking around for it since a while now, because it annoys me to not be able to use the full functionality of my cover.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
Phone history:
D-Netz > Siemens MT50 > Nokia 3120 > Motorola RAZR V3 > Motorola RAZR V3i > Nokia N73 > Nokia 6280 > SonyEricsson P900i > HTC Touch (joining XDA-Devs with that phone) > SonyEricsson P910i > SonyEricsson W350i > Nokia 5610i XpressMusic > Nokia N73 > SonyEricsson W350i FalcoEdition > Sony Ericsson W715i > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10i > SonyEricsson Aino U1i > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > HTC Desire HD > Samsung Galaxy S II > Samsung Galaxy Note I > SGN II > Samsung Galaxy Note III

copytec
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Having The same issues with the spigen s-view cover and it is most annoying

owgees
Old
Thanks Meter 19
+1, did anyone find a solution?

eldering
Old
(Last edited by eldering; 21st March 2014 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: Wrong signature
Thanks Meter 5
Same problem here. Also Galaxy S4 (not SII as my sig says..) with Spigen Armor View in combination with 4.4.2. Anybody got a olution yet?
>> Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 - Omega v35 - XXUGNG4 - Kernel:talexop v2.51 <<

Silberpfeil3110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
It's a pity that Samsung always changes the running system. Maybe some users complained about false wakeups because of pushing the button through the cover. Samsung neverminds about third party accessoires.

We have to encounter, where the hardware button lock is triggered or maybe port the old SView apk to KK. But just too little knowledge about that on my side.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
Phone history:

copytec
Old
Thanks Meter 6
No luck with this anyone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

malaeus
Old
Thanks Meter 21
having the same issue. it drives me insane so much so that im debating rolling back to 4.2
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (White with gunmetal spigen tough armor + spigen glas.tr)
Stock Non-Rooted. (my first ever non-root android device) [Thank you Helium!]

8GB Nexus 7 Google Stock 4.4.2

32GB Asus Transformer Infinity [TF700t KitKat 4.4.2][CROMBi-kk]

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128
This was one thing I noticed straight after I upgraded to KitKat, I have the official s view cover and I used the home button all the time to wake my phone up as it's just easier and I could do it with one hand. Now since Its been disabled I have use lock button which is just a pain in the arse! Also when on a phone call with s view cover closed I have to press the luck button, not big issues but I hate it when things get changed for no reason!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

Tags
button, cover, home, sview, view