XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No mobile network on sprint note2 after flashing

Tip us?

IronMyke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No mobile network on sprint note2 after flashing

Hi, newbie here. I bought a brand new Samsung galaxy note 2 from sprint and I jail broke it using the ordin tool kit. Well, according to root checker it was successful. but here is where I am having problems. I flashed about 3 different ROMS to it but I cannot get any mobile network on phone.There is an X over the signal strength on phone screen. When you go to settings , then status it says:Network unknown, Mobile network type unknown, Service state out of service, My phone number unknown , Mobile network state disconnected, MIN unknown, PRL unknown, MEID unknown, IMEI unknown, ICCID unknown. The internet works only via wifi. I called sprint to verify that that my services are still current and i even got the MSL # from them. Any ideas on how to solve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Model# SPH-L900
Android Version 4.1.2
Base band version UNKNOWN
Kernel version 3.0.36Perseus-alpha
Build number Goodness Noteworthy v1.0.6

BBobby
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I had the same problem. It did it for me by updating/reflashing the latest modem

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BBobby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BBobby
Old
Thanks Meter 13
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2139889

You should find the latest modem versions here. Even if you had them, reinstall.

It should fix your issue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBobby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBobby View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2139889

You should find the latest modem versions here. Even if you had them, reinstall.

It should fix your issue

I have the same issue and have tried using the latest modem but it still happens. I also have the same issue when restoring nands from cwm and twrp. Going to try a couple of the older modems and hopefully one of them will work.

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

BBobby
Old
Thanks Meter 13
What I did I installed the modem again and the kernel. I had started a thread in which I helped myself lol. But it's either the kernel or the modem. After that I never again had an issue.

The reason I eliminated the kernel is that pretty much every ROM has its own kernel.

But then again im no expert. Just a guy who got the same problem resolved in the same device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBobby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

datdirtyscrew
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMyke View Post
Hi, newbie here. I bought a brand new Samsung galaxy note 2 from sprint and I jail broke it using the ordin tool kit. Well, according to root checker it was successful. but here is where I am having problems. I flashed about 3 different ROMS to it but I cannot get any mobile network on phone.There is an X over the signal strength on phone screen. When you go to settings , then status it says:Network unknown, Mobile network type unknown, Service state out of service, My phone number unknown , Mobile network state disconnected, MIN unknown, PRL unknown, MEID unknown, IMEI unknown, ICCID unknown. The internet works only via wifi. I called sprint to verify that that my services are still current and i even got the MSL # from them. Any ideas on how to solve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Model# SPH-L900
Android Version 4.1.2
Base band version UNKNOWN
Kernel version 3.0.36Perseus-alpha
Build number Goodness Noteworthy v1.0.6
Try the Sprint activation command. ##SCRTN# it works for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to datdirtyscrew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 2174

DONATE TO ME
Stepped down to ljc modem and now my flashed cricket settings stick. No matter how I flashed mc2 modem (recovery or Odin) nothing stayed after flashing, restoring, or factory reset. Also my signal was stronger with the older modem.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andygu3
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by datdirtyscrew View Post
Try the Sprint activation command. ##SCRTN# it works for me.
I've been having an issue where I'm not receiving any phone calls, I tried this code and it didn't help. I've tried different types of codes and even called Sprint but nothing has changed. Still not receiving phone calls.

Anyone have any other dialer codes that I can try that may help? No problem sending or receiving texts, no issues making calls.

I've tried a few different roms, clean wipes, restores of nandroids, mc2 and ma7 modems. Right now, I'm on Synergy. Updated prl and profile as well.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

ganjamatik
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the sameee problem however NONE of the modems worked for me.. I tried all of them from the links.. is there any other way to get this fixed??

jambon58
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjamatik View Post
I have the sameee problem however NONE of the modems worked for me.. I tried all of them from the links.. is there any other way to get this fixed??
What have you flashed recently to c a use the problem?