5,600,234 Members 36,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Razr Droid HD Maxx stuck on welcome screen

Tip us?
 
ryudragoon
Old
(Last edited by ryudragoon; 13th January 2014 at 07:28 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default [Q] [Help] Razr Droid HD Maxx stuck on welcome screen

Attempted to use the RAZR HD Utility to reset back to 4.1.2 and it failed in the process I think. I rebooted the phone and now it just gets stuck on the Welcome screen. After I press continue on the welcome screen it just goes into an infinite loading of "Please wait this may take a while...". I can access the settings page from it and I know my phone is on System Version 9.30.1.XT926 Verizon en US, I am on android version 4.1.2 but the baseband version is unknown. How do I factory reset this thing or get past the welcome screen? I can access the launcher when using the Volume UP+Down and Power button to get into fastboot and recovery but I am unsure of where to go from here!

To clear anything up, I am currently unable to boot to android. I am stuck in fastboot. I attempt to fastboot the boot.img or system.img and it just hangs on writing to the device. If I attempt to use the Razr HD Utility I get:
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote Failure)
When flashing the system.img
When I attempt to use RSD Lite 6.1.5 it hangs on flash boot "boot.img" 15/27
All my md5sums match.
 
bweN diorD
Old
#2  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jun 2011
re-download the utility and flash it again. something didnt flash properly, and no reset will will fix it.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!
 
ryudragoon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
re-download the utility and flash it again. something didnt flash properly, and no reset will will fix it.
So I should delete the utility completely and run option 1 again?
 
bweN diorD
Old
#4  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryudragoon View Post
So I should delete the utility completely and run option 1 again?
Yes, delete the utility, re-download it, then run option 1 again.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!
 
ryudragoon
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
Yes, delete the utility, re-download it, then run option 1 again.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Attempted this and I got this output:
Code:
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.322s]
writing 'system'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.468s
sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [  0.781s]
writing 'boot'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.938s
The output on the phone:
Code:
Partition (system) Security Version Downgraded
PIV block Validation for system failed
Invalid PIV image: system
Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded
Preflash validation failed for boot
 
bweN diorD
Old
#6  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jun 2011
try this utility instead, there is only one option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpjghbbv0v....gpt%20fix.rar
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ryudragoon
Old
(Last edited by ryudragoon; 13th January 2014 at 12:21 AM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
try this utility instead, there is only one option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpjghbbv0v....gpt%20fix.rar
Not sure what happened here everything was going fine...
Code:
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.321s]
writing 'system'...
FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 122.521s
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [  0.789s]
writing 'boot'...
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryudragoon View Post
Attempted this and I got this output:
Code:
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.322s]
writing 'system'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.468s
sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [  0.781s]
writing 'boot'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.938s
The output on the phone:
Code:
Partition (system) Security Version Downgraded
PIV block Validation for system failed
Invalid PIV image: system
Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded
Preflash validation failed for boot
Use rsd lite & delete the lines in the xml with getvar.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!

 
bweN diorD
Old
#9  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jun 2011
you have a 926 correct?

that tool re-wrote the partitions, i dont know why it would fail after they were clean. im not sure that else to tell you to try.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!
 
ryudragoon
Old
(Last edited by ryudragoon; 13th January 2014 at 12:28 AM.)
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
you have a 926 correct?

that tool re-wrote the partitions, i dont know why it would fail after they were clean. im not sure that else to tell you to try.
I posted the wrong output please recheck my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
Use rsd lite & delete the lines in the xml with getvar.
How would I go about doing this?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes