Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Toothpaste and scratch removal

Tip us?

lostsoul77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Toothpaste and scratch removal

Just used toothpaste to remove a scratch off of my touchscreen...it worked! The LG FLEX screen is plastic because of the curved screen....but this works on the glass screens too. Apply a little too the screen and buff it in a circular motion for about 5 min, preferably with a micro fiber cloth (I used the disposable paper cloths that I use too clean my glasses with). Wipe it off and clean the screen with a damp cloth...this works on light scratches...would probably just make deep scratches appear less pronounced...

I have the quick window case but it got scratched in the window area of the case by my pants button on the back pocket....I guess I better invest in a screen protector although I'm not a big fan of them or cases....I just liked the functionality and look off the phone with this case...

I hope this helps others as it helped me...

Sent from my LG-LS995 using xda app-developers app
"If you could walk a mile in my shoes, you would be crazy too.....with nothin' to lose" -2Pac
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsoul77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lappydk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul77 View Post
Just used toothpaste to remove a scratch off of my touchscreen...it worked! The LG FLEX screen is plastic because of the curved screen....but this works on the glass screens too. Apply a little too the screen and buff it in a circular motion for about 5 min, preferably with a micro fiber cloth (I used the disposable paper cloths that I use too clean my glasses with). Wipe it off and clean the screen with a damp cloth...this works on light scratches...would probably just make deep scratches appear less pronounced...

I have the quick window case but it got scratched in the window area of the case by my pants button on the back pocket....I guess I better invest in a screen protector although I'm not a big fan of them or cases....I just liked the functionality and look off the phone with this case...

I hope this helps others as it helped me...

Sent from my LG-LS995 using xda app-developers app
According to LG, the G flex have gorilla glass 3 on top op the plastic-OLED screen properly why it works, but I'll try your tip!
Best regards
lappydk -

HTC Hero - unrootet
HTC Desire - CM 7.2 - dead
Samsung nexus S 9023 - Sold
LG optimus G (E975) - Sold
LG optimus G2 (D802) - Sold
Nexus 5 - Sold
LG G Flex - Not in use
LG G3