Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 46,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One Max Verizon 3G Problem on other network

Tip us?

leoaudio13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] One Max Verizon 3G Problem on other network

Hi all ,

Could someone please help me with 3G connection on Verizon One Max on different network.

Long story short, I bought One Max on Verizon unlocked. I bought it back to Vietnam, using it on 2 different networks ( Vinaphone and Viettel). On Viettel network, 3G or HSPA works just fine. However, no matter what I tried with 3G Vinaphone SIM. ( setting correct APN, call the network provider etc ), data connection always says DISCONNECTED ( data button activated) but in Phone Info app, it recognize the bands (which is HSPA ). With the same Vinaphone SIM card, i popped it to another phone, 3G works just fine. My MAX is S-off with rumrunner, bottloader unlocked.

In day 1, Vinaphone 3G Sim works as well on the MAX. Just 1 time while I was in a flight, I switched the phone to airplane mode and after landing switching back to phone mode and 3G dissapeared forever. I've tired everything ( updating PRL, reflash stock, reflash other custom ROMs) still no luck.

I suspect the phone NV or carrier ( original CDMA setting from Verizon ) partitions were messed up for some reason.
The weird thing is, with the same SIM on ONE MAX 3G or data connection doesnt work at all but on another phone ( iphone, Samsung etc) it works without problem.

Please help me. I'm desperated

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13 View Post
Hi all ,

Could someone please help me with 3G connection on Verizon One Max on different network.

Long story short, I bought One Max on Verizon unlocked. I bought it back to Vietnam, using it on 2 different networks ( Vinaphone and Viettel). On Viettel network, 3G or HSPA works just fine. However, no matter what I tried with 3G Vinaphone SIM. ( setting correct APN, call the network provider etc ), data connection always says DISCONNECTED ( data button activated) but in Phone Info app, it recognize the bands (which is HSPA ). With the same Vinaphone SIM card, i popped it to another phone, 3G works just fine. My MAX is S-off with rumrunner, bottloader unlocked.

In day 1, Vinaphone 3G Sim works as well on the MAX. Just 1 time while I was in a flight, I switched the phone to airplane mode and after landing switching back to phone mode and 3G dissapeared forever. I've tired everything ( updating PRL, reflash stock, reflash other custom ROMs) still no luck.

I suspect the phone NV or carrier ( original CDMA setting from Verizon ) partitions were messed up for some reason.
The weird thing is, with the same SIM on ONE MAX 3G or data connection doesnt work at all but on another phone ( iphone, Samsung etc) it works without problem.

Please help me. I'm desperated
Have you changed you apn settings

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leoaudio13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
Have you changed you apn settings

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes, It didn't work. As I said above, I did all available methods but it just didn't work. I'm into android world for long long time. Currently I'm suspecting its the phone NV or Carrier Partition is messed up