Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Unhappy [Q] One Max Verizon 3G Problem on other network

OP leoaudio13

27th February 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere on Earth
Thanks Meter: 188

662 posts
Donate to Me
Hi all ,

Could someone please help me with 3G connection on Verizon One Max on different network.

Long story short, I bought One Max on Verizon unlocked. I bought it back to Vietnam, using it on 2 different networks ( Vinaphone and Viettel). On Viettel network, 3G or HSPA works just fine. However, no matter what I tried with 3G Vinaphone SIM. ( setting correct APN, call the network provider etc ), data connection always says DISCONNECTED ( data button activated) but in Phone Info app, it recognize the bands (which is HSPA ). With the same Vinaphone SIM card, i popped it to another phone, 3G works just fine. My MAX is S-off with rumrunner, bottloader unlocked.

In day 1, Vinaphone 3G Sim works as well on the MAX. Just 1 time while I was in a flight, I switched the phone to airplane mode and after landing switching back to phone mode and 3G dissapeared forever. I've tired everything ( updating PRL, reflash stock, reflash other custom ROMs) still no luck.

I suspect the phone NV or carrier ( original CDMA setting from Verizon ) partitions were messed up for some reason.
The weird thing is, with the same SIM on ONE MAX 3G or data connection doesnt work at all but on another phone ( iphone, Samsung etc) it works without problem.

Please help me. I'm desperated
27th February 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 98

876 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoaudio13

Hi all ,

Could someone please help me with 3G connection on Verizon One Max on different network.

Long story short, I bought One Max on Verizon unlocked. I bought it back to Vietnam, using it on 2 different networks ( Vinaphone and Viettel). On Viettel network, 3G or HSPA works just fine. However, no matter what I tried with 3G Vinaphone SIM. ( setting correct APN, call the network provider etc ), data connection always says DISCONNECTED ( data button activated) but in Phone Info app, it recognize the bands (which is HSPA ). With the same Vinaphone SIM card, i popped it to another phone, 3G works just fine. My MAX is S-off with rumrunner, bottloader unlocked.

In day 1, Vinaphone 3G Sim works as well on the MAX. Just 1 time while I was in a flight, I switched the phone to airplane mode and after landing switching back to phone mode and 3G dissapeared forever. I've tired everything ( updating PRL, reflash stock, reflash other custom ROMs) still no luck.

I suspect the phone NV or carrier ( original CDMA setting from Verizon ) partitions were messed up for some reason.
The weird thing is, with the same SIM on ONE MAX 3G or data connection doesnt work at all but on another phone ( iphone, Samsung etc) it works without problem.

Please help me. I'm desperated

Have you changed you apn settings

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere on Earth
Thanks Meter: 188

662 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0

Have you changed you apn settings

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, It didn't work. As I said above, I did all available methods but it just didn't work. I'm into android world for long long time. Currently I'm suspecting its the phone NV or Carrier Partition is messed up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread