Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 43,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 SPIGEN SGP Slim Armor Dual Layer Case Review

Tip us?

AndroidFanNetwork
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default Galaxy S4 SPIGEN SGP Slim Armor Dual Layer Case Review

If you are a fan of SPIGEN cases, you will definitely want to check out the Slim Armor. It offers much more protection than the Bounce and Ultra Fit, while remaining slim and pocketable. It features a dual layer design that includes an inner TPU layer and an outer hard shell. Consider it SPIGEN's version of the Otterbox Commuter. It is offered in five colors and runs about $25.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndroidFanNetwork For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AVTR1337
Old
Thanks Meter 16
wow, thank you for the review.
awesome

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Such horses*** that they made the lip too small to provide any real protection for the phone if it falls on the front side.

WTF were they thinking?

Even though I got mine on a price error for $12.50 I'll probably just return it now...

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carls Jr View Post
I actually like the fact it doesnt have a large lip. the smaller lip should give it a better grip in the hand
I don't go through the inconvenience of a case to improve the grip of my phone. I use a case so that if I drop my phone it has side, back, AND FRONT protection so that the screen doesn't shatter... which the slim armor doesn't.

AndroidFanNetwork
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
I don't go through the inconvenience of a case to improve the grip of my phone. I use a case so that if I drop my phone it has side, back, AND FRONT protection so that the screen doesn't shatter... which the slim armor doesn't.
Again, it's called the "Slim Armor" for a reason. It was designed to provide a decent level of protection while staying slim. It might not be the case for you, but that doesn't make it a bad case.

geoldr
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Thanks for making this dude. Mine should be here tomorrow!
[Phone] Nexus 5 32gb Panda Edition, AT&T Galaxy S4 AT&T Galaxy SIII, AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket, Motorola Atrix 4G, iPhone 4
[Tablet] Nexus 7 2013 16gb WiFi, Nexus 7 2012, iPad 2

YoungChrisG
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just purchased their flip cover case in dark grey. It looks fantastic in photos. I can't wait to get it on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

hiazn
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Yeah I preordered a white and a black weeks ago, looks like a nice case. Cant wait to get them
Don't be lazy forum search is there for a reason!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

T-Mobile HTC M8
Acer Iconia A100
In retirement - SG Note 3.. SGSIV... T-Mobile G.Note II... Kindle Fire... T-Mobile SGS3... Intl HTC One X...T-Mobile Samsung GSII,.. AT&T Samsung G Note,.. T-Mobile Amaze 4g,.. T-Mobile Sensation,.. T-Mobile HD7,.. T-Mobile G2x,.. T-Mobile HD2 x 2,.. HTC Touch Pro,.. HTC Touch Dual. . .Asian - 16 Key and USA - 20 Key

samdsox
Old
(Last edited by samdsox; 4th May 2013 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Just recieved mine in soul black. Great review

JayceOoi
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Can't wait to get it too.