OP lschuman

13th January 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Central California
Thanks Meter: 26

68 posts
More
Hello,

I'm currently downloading all the files necessary to restore my phone. I ran the stock ROM but was rooted. I chose to NOT apply to update as I'd no wish to brick my phone. However, I awoke this morning to find my phone in CWM recovery with no way out. Apparently LG forced it through. My phone won't enter 'download mode' to apply the drivers. I've tried power and volume up, power and both volume buttons pressed. Nothing - it just applies whatever menu button my phone was on within CWM.

Regardless of what happens, I'm sick at heart - I"m going to lose hundreds of photos that I hadn't backed up.

Well, it won't be so bad because of the google photo backups, I suppose. I suppose that will be okay after all!

Still, I'm tempted to take T-Mobile's offer of paying off what I owe AT&T with the remainder of my contract and jump ship. After all, the only reason I'd rooted was to take off the tracking service which was reducing my battery life by 40%.

Is there anything I can do to get my phone back to stock at least? Then re-root and then apply the damned update? Again, my only issue is not being able to enter 'download mode' to apply the drivers. Thanks very much!
13th January 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Grand Forks, ND
Thanks Meter: 16

64 posts
More
I got into download mode by having the phone powered off, pressing volume up + volume down and applying the usb cable. No need to press power

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnn_ares For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Central California

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn_ares

I got into download mode by having the phone powered off, pressing volume up + volume down and applying the usb cable. No need to press power

Thank you very much, I'll try that soon.

Update: I'm giving it a try. Nothing is happening. How long should I hold the volume up and down buttons? I did for 30 seconds and no dice. The phone just remains off.
Last edited by lschuman; 13th January 2014 at 05:13 PM.
13th January 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ormond Beach
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What do you mean apply USC cable?
13th January 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag V-Town
Thanks Meter: 517

1,135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcm210

What do you mean apply USC cable?

He means hold volume up and down at the same time and plug you USB cable into your phone. And your phone should go into download mode.

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
The Following User Says Thank You to esimon311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Central California

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311

He means hold volume up and down at the same time and plug you USB cable into your phone. And your phone should go into download mode.

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"

My phone didn't...the screen is still off. I'm going to try to press power while holding the volume buttons down. Damn LG for pushing this update overnight. I didn't select it; it just ran on it's own.

Won't work. Just shows the LG screen and then goes to blank. Wow. I think my phone is truly ruined.
Last edited by lschuman; 13th January 2014 at 05:19 PM. Reason: New info
13th January 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Ormond Beach
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"

How long should it take to go into download mode

nevermind,I got it thanks.
Last edited by Dcm210; 13th January 2014 at 05:31 PM.
13th January 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

279 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I tried that numerous times and nothing happens. I have the E988.

How long am I suppose to hold the volume buttons down for?
13th January 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Central California

68 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tase25

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I tried that numerous times and nothing happens. I have the E988.

How long am I suppose to hold the volume buttons down for?

I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is drained. The CWM recovery screen was on when I woke up this morning, and goodness only knows how long it had been running for and when LG forced the update. I've plugged it into a fast charger so I'll try again in about twenty minutes. Otherwise I have no idea.
13th January 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #10  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 6

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschuman

I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is drained. The CWM recovery screen was on when I woke up this morning, and goodness only knows how long it had been running for and when LG forced the update. I've plugged it into a fast charger so I'll try again in about twenty minutes. Otherwise I have no idea.

I can't even boot into Recovery.

And when I charge the phone, no light comes on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread