Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][Android 2.1+] Element53 (DNS Tunnel) [With demonstration video]

Tip us?

Rednasman
Old
(Last edited by Rednasman; 11th March 2013 at 09:59 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Talking [APP][Android 2.1+] Element53 (DNS Tunnel) [With demonstration video]

You should read this before clicking this post away, I bet you like this: HERE, because it's for Android now!
Note: for the best user experience, you need a rooted device, there are many tutorials on XDA how to root your device.

Hello,

Today I want to introduce you my new application. I and of friend mine have created this application.

Element53 is a ready-to-use DNS-tunnel for Android. It can be used for different things. If you don't know what a DNS-tunnel can do, you can find it HERE (really, you should do this, I am sure you want this on your phone!) (first 2 chapters). So this application should be perfect if you are going abroad. Beside that it can also be used for penetration testing.

Element53 creates a TCP-tunnel to a SOCKS proxy server. The client side of the tunnel is localhost:3128. For your convenience the server part is provided.

If you have rooted your device (this is no requirement) you can install ProxyDroid and route all internet traffic into the tunnel.

You have to configure ProxyDroid before you can use all the functions of Element53. You should apply the following settings:
Host should be: 127.0.0.1
port should be: 3128
Proxy type: SOCKS5

After that, you have to start Element53 by pressing the 'green button', after that you can start ProxyDroid. Because Element53 creates a DNS tunnel, the connection is not very fast, but it works fine.

Element53 Lite allows you to test until you have reached 10 mb traffic. If you like Element53, you can upgrade to the Pro version.

Youtube demonstration video:

Lite: Market link up here.

Pro: Market link up here

I have tried to test this application as much as I can, but I guess there are still some bugs.

If you encounter a bug a problem, please make a reply on this post, and I will work on it. If you think it works great, please leave a positive review on the market, thanks! If you have any other feature request, please tell me.

Or, if you have any questions, please ask me, and I will reply ASAP .
Update: (5 july 2012)
Full support from SDK7 (Android 2.1) from now!

Update: (4 july 2012)
Today I have updated Element52 to version 1.1. I fixed some bugs and added some buttons for switching between screens, because not everybody knows that you can 'swipe' between them.

Source:
GitHub here!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rednasman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

martyntje16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Good App

I have been testing this on my school network, and it works fine. When I am going on vacation I will use this application very much I think, thanks!

Rednasman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I have been testing this on a few networks, and for so far, it works fine! I am glad you like it!

d3sm0nd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
You are the best! Thx for the great app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
HTC TyTN II > HTC Touch Diamond2 > HTC Hero > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy S II > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 4 > HTC One > Nexus 5 > One Plus One

Rednasman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I really appreciate that, thanks! If you have any bugs or whatever, please tell me!

Rednasman
Old
(Last edited by Rednasman; 5th July 2012 at 03:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
N/A

Rednasman
Old
(Last edited by Rednasman; 6th July 2012 at 10:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Small update:

I have added a demonstration video of Element53 now, you should watch it!

Youtube demonstration video:

porcupine02
Old
Thanks Meter 34
"For your convenience the server part is provided."
Does this mean that you are running server to which android client is connecting?

Rednasman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine02 View Post
"For your convenience the server part is provided."
Does this mean that you are running server to which android client is connecting?
Yes, that's correct. You only have to install Element53, and for the best user experience a rooted device with ProxyDroid.

If you have any questions, please ask!

porcupine02
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Ok, thanks. I will test it on vacation - paying for wifi in 2012 just doesn't feel right
Moto G XT1033 16GB + cm-11-20140721+ 3.4.99-XPerience-10+
Nexus 4 16GB + temasek-cm-11-20140724 + franco.Kernel r210