Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 10.1 v2 and knox

Tip us?
 
nlcgadgetman
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Note 10.1 v2 and knox

I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
 
nickwarn
Old
#2  
nickwarn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 512
Posts: 2,560
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ronneby
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman View Post
I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.
Xperia Z2 - CM 11
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies
Sony Xperia Z - Paranoid Android ( Still under my roof as I gave it to my son )
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE- Rooted
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android




Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nlcgadgetman
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn View Post
Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.
So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
 
nickwarn
Old
#4  
nickwarn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 512
Posts: 2,560
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ronneby
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman View Post
So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Of course you can flash a custom recovery and custom roms, but it cant be done without triggering knox. Flashing the rom itself is harmless, its the flashing of a custom recovery that triggers knox. So if you can live with that just go a head and flash, if not.... then dont.
Good luck
Xperia Z2 - CM 11
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies
Sony Xperia Z - Paranoid Android ( Still under my roof as I gave it to my son )
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE- Rooted
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android




Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nlcgadgetman
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Mar 2011
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
 
nickwarn
Old
#6  
nickwarn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 512
Posts: 2,560
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ronneby
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman View Post
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
no problem, just glad to help. You can flash an AOSP rom, as soon as we get one.
Xperia Z2 - CM 11
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies
Sony Xperia Z - Paranoid Android ( Still under my roof as I gave it to my son )
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE- Rooted
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android




Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more