Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 37,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Ultimate SmartWatch

Tip us?

dedesuper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default The Ultimate SmartWatch

Hi Everyone
I will like to hear what will be your Dream Smartwatch Spec.

Thanks
Best Regards
Damien Douk
A.I Watch Creator

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Well, without being drawn out; Something that has incredible battery life. One that used alternate charging capability, kinetic, solar, or a combination to achieve battery life that reached at least a week but a month would be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

willbro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Allows for easy Text to Speech and Speech to Text, has IR, bluetooth tethering, Large easy to read fonts, stereo speakers, HD screen, thin and stylish.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Take the Moto X, with all it's features, battery life and capability, USB Host & HMDI out at the same time, wireless display mirroring, direct sunlight readable AMOLED transflective display, 400ppi and turn it into a smartwatch with Official Google Services certification and full world capable GSM/LTE compatibility. Meanwhile keep it under 50 x 50 x 15 and less than $300USD. Also make it a official Ubuntu for Android device with Android & Ubuntu updates for the next two years minimum.

The sale price is negotiable.

(I'm actually being serious. I quit smartphone development due to there being no direct replacement for my three year old phone with Ubuntu for Android )
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dedesuper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Ultra Smartwatdch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Take the Moto X, with all it's features, battery life and capability, USB Host & HMDI out at the same time, wireless display mirroring, direct sunlight readable AMOLED transflective display, 400ppi and turn it into a smartwatch with Official Google Services certification and full world capable GSM/LTE compatibility. Meanwhile keep it under 50 x 50 x 15 and less than $300USD. Also make it a official Ubuntu for Android device with Android & Ubuntu updates for the next two years minimum.

The sale price is negotiable.

(I'm actually being serious. I quit smartphone development due to there being no direct replacement for my three year old phone with Ubuntu for Android )
Hi Lokifish Marz
Great suggestions 2GB will cost expensive and the battery will be hard to reach this capacity, but the other specs seems to be logical, for the screen the only screen I think that its coming near to that is the LG 1,54 320x320 that Its impossible to find it on the market!!!!
For Unbuntu for Android I was thinking about that and propose to Canonical maybe to work on a Unbuntu for Android firmware few month ago unfortunately this is the reply from Canonical CEO:

Hi Damien -

Thanks for reaching out. Your A.I Watch looks very interesting, and I wish you the best of luck with it.
However, we cant collaborating on this type of project right now.

best wishes,
Jane

Maybe I will try soon a another time to contact them...

Best Regards
Damien Douk
A.I Watch Creator