5,595,645 Members 44,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Navbar: How can I set long-press actions?

Tip us?

pull.me.under
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Navbar: How can I set long-press actions?

Hello everybody,

this has probably been answered a thousand times, but I have utterly failed finding a concise answer to my question: I'm on MokeeROM, which seems to be your typical mix of AOSP/CM/Omni/PA-Roms. I'm assuming the settings page "Buttons and Layout" is not proprietary to this ROM (I think it's CM, right?). I know how I can change the buttons in these settings, but how can I add long-press options? I've gotten used to long-pressing the "recent apps" button to get a menu functionality. I know there are other ways, and I know I can just add the menu button itself as a forth button, but isn't there a way to get back what I am used to?

Thanks in advance!

linjes
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Have you tried any xposed modules? I reccomend gravitybox but I am not sure if it will create conflicts. You can trawl the page of xposed modules

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to linjes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pull.me.under
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjes View Post
Have you tried any xposed modules?
Thanks for the reply. No, so far I haven't tried xposed (at all). But it seems to me like this should already be possible within the confines of the existing system, shouldn't it?