Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device protection plan!

Tip us?

tonnylancaster
Old
(Last edited by tonnylancaster; 24th February 2014 at 09:18 AM.) Reason: ..
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device protection plan!

Hello everyone,

I have a Note 3 n900w8 locked to Roger (Canadian provider), I also have protection plan that cost 8$/month. I am looking to take advantage from this protection plan. Today I called roger to file a report for lost phone, I was told by the representative that my phone will be blacklisted and they will ship me another device that cost 120$ plus 13% tax, so I decided to cancel the file report until I get more information of this process. so here is my concerns!

1-I remember someone told me to unlock the phone before I call to file a lost/stolen phone, any idea why?

2-If I take out the sim card from the device before I call to file a report for lost/stolen phone, will they be able to blacklist the phone??

All I am trying to do is get a replacement note 3 for 135$ and sell the phone I have for 450-500$.

Thanks in advance

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1,409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnylancaster View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a Note 3 locked to Roger (Canadian provider), I also have protection plan that cost 8$/month. I am looking to take advantage from this protection plan. Today I called roger to file a report for lost phone, I was told by the representative that my phone will be blacklisted and they will ship me another device that cost 120$ plus 13% tax, so I decided to cancel the file report until I get more information of this process. so here is my concerns!

1-I remember someone told me before to unlock the phone before I call to file a lost/stolen phone, any idea why?

2-If I take out the sim card from the device before I call to file a report for lost/stolen phone, will they be able to blacklist the phone??

All I am trying to do is get a replacement note 3 for 135$ and sell the phone I have for 450-500$.

Thanks in advance
1) - NO clue never heard of this

2) Yup - IMEI will be blacklisted/

3) Impossible feat. - Once you report it stolen/lost, it gets banned from networks via the IMEI number and added to a stolen/lost phone Database.

Lastly, It's fraud man.. Not an advisable idea really.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10,852

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

^^^radicalisto^^^ sums this up well

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe