Question Note 3 Rubbish Signal... wrong modem? help needed

OP hayat55

23rd February 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

77 posts
Hi, I bought my note 3 in UAE and I am using it in the UK. I am on Vodafone. I always get rubbish signal in my house. It is on "emergency calls only" nearly all the time. Also the LTE/4G has NEVER worked since I got it on launch (Sep). Whenever I turn the 4G on the H+ sign never comes up. Some people may argue that Vodafone is a rubbish network. I agree too but I think I may need to flash a different modem? My model is a SM-9005. Do I need to flash a different modem to get the 4G to work? Thanks
24th February 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Accra, Ghana.
Thanks Meter: 1,690

2,254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayat55

Hi, I bought my note 3 in UAE and I am using it in the UK. I am on Vodafone. I always get rubbish signal in my house. It is on "emergency calls only" nearly all the time. Also the LTE/4G has NEVER worked since I got it on launch (Sep). Whenever I turn the 4G on the H+ sign never comes up. Some people may argue that Vodafone is a rubbish network. I agree too but I think I may need to flash a different modem? My model is a SM-9005. Do I need to flash a different modem to get the 4G to work? Thanks

You can actually try a different ROM or maybe a custom ROM? At the same time, reception might just be poor in your house. So you might need to make do with regular 3G or EDGE. I no for a fact that in my friend's house i ALWAYS have to switch to 2G because 3G reception is never available, I have SM-N900 tho.
24th February 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley08

You can actually try a different ROM or maybe a custom ROM? At the same time, reception might just be poor in your house. So you might need to make do with regular 3G or EDGE. I no for a fact that in my friend's house i ALWAYS have to switch to 2G because 3G reception is never available, I have SM-N900 tho.

I know but when I do have good reception the 4G never works even outside as well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Accra, Ghana.
Thanks Meter: 1,690

2,254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayat55

I know but when I do have good reception the 4G never works even outside as well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

And how about when you set it to HSPA only?
24th February 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,453

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
UAE's LTE bands won't work with Vodafone.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005
24th February 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

UAE's LTE bands won't work with Vodafone.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005

what if i flash a different rom/modem?

I just checked and vodafone operates 4G/LTE at 800MHz. On the samsung uae website it says that the note 3 supports 800MHz 4G/LTE
Last edited by hayat55; 24th February 2014 at 04:11 PM.
24th February 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag York

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
ROM's won't make a difference as it's the hardware on the device itself.
24th February 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #8  
Flag prizren
Thanks Meter: 28

665 posts
Donate to Me
More
I also noticed the note 3 doesnt have a superb signal reception... For example in my house my moms s3 and dads s4 have full bars where i on my note have one bar less than they do. Little dissapointed
24th February 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #9  
Flag York

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metko

I also noticed the note 3 doesnt have a superb signal reception... For example in my house my moms s3 and dads s4 have full bars where i on my note have one bar less than they do. Little dissapointed

Check phone status in settings and compare it with the S3 and S4 - you'll see it's just the bar's that show different the dBm's are what counts. You'll see it'll be identical to the S3/4
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #10  
Flag prizren
Thanks Meter: 28

665 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Check phone status in settings and compare it with the S3 and S4 - you'll see it's just the bar's that show different the dBm's are what counts. You'll see it'll be identical to the S3/4

Good point didnt thought of that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread