5,594,221 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] No Touch

Tip us?

hatcyl
Old
(Last edited by hatcyl; 3rd January 2012 at 06:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 188
Default [APP][2.1+] No Touch

No Touch

Prevent accidental touches on your screen.
Useful when watching movies, passing the phone around, reading, etc.

Block:
Screen
Screen and Keys

Block / Unblock:
Camera Button
App Shortcut
Press Long Search

Quick Unblock:
Proximity Sensor

Apk attached for those without access to the android market.
Screens attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	1377
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	840973   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	1125
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	840974  
Attached Files
File Type: apk No Touch.apk - [Click for QR Code] (70.0 KB, 502 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hatcyl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Braneless
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Great idea! It seems every time I hand my phone to someone to look at or take a picture, the display will change and they'll say "what happened?". I'll give this app a try.

xperiax10.awesome
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1405

DONATE TO ME
Cm'on add more description with screen shots..

sent via awesome aRc (rooted 2.3.4)
do not forget to hit THANKS..

Some Useful Threads..
Must Have Apps for: Xperia Z/ZL, Nexus 5
Themes: WidgetLocker Theme Collection
Icons: Xperia Z Like Icons - Sony Style

Devices Used so far:
SONY K310i, K790i, Xperia X10,Arc,Play,Ray,S, Z,Z1
SONY Tablet S,Tablet P,Xperia Tablet Z
SONY VAIO Duo 13, PS VITA
SAMSUNG Galaxy S,S3,Note,Note 2,Note 8,Nexus 10
MICROSOFT Surface RT, Surface Pro
MOTOROLA Moto G
NOKIA 3100, Lumia 920
HTC Desire
LG Nexus 4,Nexus 5
ACER Aspire V5 Touch
ARCHOS Gamepad
APPLE iPhone 4s,iphone 5,iphone 5S,iPad 2,3,ipad Mini,MacBook Air, iPad Air

hatcyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiax10.awesome View Post
Cm'on add more description with screen shots..

sent via awesome aRc (rooted 2.3.4)
App updated, screens attached.
I really have nothing else to add to the description. Suggestions?

hatcyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl View Post
App updated, screens attached.
I really have nothing else to add to the description. Suggestions?
another update.

Is anyone even interested in this app?

Maybe it needs more features?

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

sniperfox
Old
(Last edited by sniperfox; 6th January 2012 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I am interested in it. I'm trying out the free version (before I buy) but I notice somethings. Maybe its just me but when I watch a movie on the default player on my Evo4G, after tapping on the screen a few times, the lock disables. I can skip through the entire movie and even get out. I'm going to try it with a different player later today.

A few suggestions,
1) It would be nice if the toggle button changed (ex. inverted colors) because when I had the movie problem, I couldn't tell if it was locked or unlocked.
2) Is it possible we can change the location of the toggle button, at least like different corners because it's too close to the home button when in landscape.

One final note, when its locked, you can still drag down the notification bar. So far its looking pretty good. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong since I've only been playing with it for about 30 minutes. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to sniperfox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fred_be9300
Old
(Last edited by fred_be9300; 6th January 2012 at 11:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 308
Man, this is just what I was looking for ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1431037 ). Super!

I want it for e-reading in kindle or aldiko. Tested so far briefly on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (android 3.2) and an HTC Desire (2.3.3) ... Just fine so far.

I first tried Screen Tools 2, but that one messed up the use of volume buttons for page flipping in both kindle and aldiko.

it took me a while to understand some of the options, like the meaning of "auto on toggle". Also, the toggle app shortcut only works as "on switch" for me... With touch screen disabled, the toggle can't be used to deactivate.

It also took me a while to figure out how to unlock (the use of the tiny toggle button is not documented in the settings or anywhere)
EDIT: I realize now this is what's meant by onscreen button in the settings

The option to leave the edge active is also great, although I will probably opt to switch pages with volume buttons.
EDIT: swiping pages this way works well on the tablet, but is hit and miss on the phone. The edge size may need to be user selectable?

I second the idea to color code the tiny toggle.

Great work.

EDIT: I was searching (Google) for a long time using keywords like "disable touch screen" (all about turning screen off) and "disable touch sensitivity" with no results... Until I found screen tools 2, and then very accidentally this one. :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Extra feature idea....
disable touch sensitivity along the edge only, keeping sensitivity on the center

Use case: I need something that allows me to hold the tablet a bit more firmly, in one hand, which means putting my thumb in the screen just a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to fred_be9300 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Braneless
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl View Post
another update.

Is anyone even interested in this app?

Maybe it needs more features?

Sure, we're interested! I installed the app but have not yet had a chance to use it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

kanded
Old
Thanks Meter 53
it works amazing. thanks mate. now i can watch youtube freely.

hatcyl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_be9300 View Post
Man, this is just what I was looking for ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1431037 ). Super!

I want it for e-reading in kindle or aldiko. Tested so far briefly on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (android 3.2) and an HTC Desire (2.3.3) ... Just fine so far.

I first tried Screen Tools 2, but that one messed up the use of volume buttons for page flipping in both kindle and aldiko.

it took me a while to understand some of the options, like the meaning of "auto on toggle". Also, the toggle app shortcut only works as "on switch" for me... With touch screen disabled, the toggle can't be used to deactivate.

It also took me a while to figure out how to unlock (the use of the tiny toggle button is not documented in the settings or anywhere)
EDIT: I realize now this is what's meant by onscreen button in the settings

The option to leave the edge active is also great, although I will probably opt to switch pages with volume buttons.
EDIT: swiping pages this way works well on the tablet, but is hit and miss on the phone. The edge size may need to be user selectable?

I second the idea to color code the tiny toggle.

Great work.

EDIT: I was searching (Google) for a long time using keywords like "disable touch screen" (all about turning screen off) and "disable touch sensitivity" with no results... Until I found screen tools 2, and then very accidentally this one. :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Extra feature idea....
disable touch sensitivity along the edge only, keeping sensitivity on the center

Use case: I need something that allows me to hold the tablet a bit more firmly, in one hand, which means putting my thumb in the screen just a bit.
I can add the feature to block edges only, but there is an app called grip it which does just that.

And yes, I should probably use the icon for the status + maybe done kind of animation to tell you when toy unlock vs lock the screen.