Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB Storage slow in OS (Recovery USB Mount fast as usual)

Tip us?

Gurkenbeat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default USB Storage slow in OS (Recovery USB Mount fast as usual)

Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )

evanprice
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkenbeat View Post
Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )
Sometimes it goes slower in the OS because there are so many processes running

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
My Devices:

Nexus 7 (Grouper) -- Rooted -- CM 11
LG Optimus G (E970) -- Rooted -- CM 11

TheEndHK
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Hey,
TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).

Gurkenbeat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK View Post
TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).

hmmm, well id like to get the full speed while beeing connected via usb to my computer. how can i do that ?

TheEndHK
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
hmmm, well id like to get the full speed while beeing connected via usb to my computer. how can i do that ?
The only method is downgrade to 4.0.4 ICS .... there is no way to use Mass Storage on all 4.1.1 or above.

StorZ
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636307
thank if I helped