Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

USB Storage slow in OS (Recovery USB Mount fast as usual)

OP Gurkenbeat

22nd February 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )
22nd February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 81

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkenbeat

Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )

Sometimes it goes slower in the OS because there are so many processes running

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,292 posts
Quote:

Hey,

TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).
23rd February 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK

TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).

hmmm, well id like to get the full speed while beeing connected via usb to my computer. how can i do that ?
24th February 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,292 posts
Quote:

hmmm, well id like to get the full speed while beeing connected via usb to my computer. how can i do that ?

The only method is downgrade to 4.0.4 ICS .... there is no way to use Mass Storage on all 4.1.1 or above.
24th February 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
Check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636307
thank if I helped
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread